March 2014 Moms
Options

Just saw this at cvs

linzerdlinzerd member
edited July 2014 in March 2014 Moms
It's hot as hell out there, but really? Take your kid out in just a diaper?? Fine. Pic is gone now that everyone's panties are in a twist.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Anniversary

Re: Just saw this at cvs

• Options
    I probably wouldn't do it but it doesn't bother me to see it if it's really hot out. I'm just too tired to care, I think.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah Id be ticked if someone took a pic of my kid and me and then posted it on a forum.
    Also, you have no idea why the child has no clothes on. Maybe he's sick and just threw up all over himself or has diarrhea and his mom is getting him some medicine.

Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    Judgy much? I can't remember the last time I was in a store, saw someone and thought "let's secretly take her photo and post it online!!"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Rude to take that picture. I have done this and I don't care, if my baby is happy and healthy what does it matter what she is or isn't wearing.
  • Options
    This is us right now. Ds is with DH in target with a diaper and shirt on. He's teething, has a cold and has been inconsolable for the past hour. I really didn't care. It doesn't bother me seeing this. We don't know the circumstances.
  • Options
    Maverick rarely wears anything but a diaper when we are home but I usually throw a onsie on him if we're heading out on particularly hot days. However if I needed to run into CVS for an item or 2 I wouldn't think twice about taking him in just a diaper. If someone snapped a picture of us I'd be pissed. It's not even about my choice butler
    of the fact that someone is taking pictures of my kid without my knowledge or consent.
    That being said, I agree with PP that the photo should be taken down. It's one thing to verbally judge someone but to make it personal by snapping a picture of them & their innocent child, not cool.
  • Options
    AriaAmante143AriaAmante143 member
    edited July 2014

linzerd said:

It's hot as hell out there, but really? Take your kid out in just a diaper??

Fine. Pic is gone now that everyone's panties are in a twist.

Yes. Obviously, this is what was wrong with this thread. The fact that we all have our panties in a twist. ::eye roll::
    OP, you'd totally be ok if someone secretly took a photo of you and your kid, then put it online hoping people would make fun of you??

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Yeah that was a quote fail. Mobile bumping continues to suck.

• Options
    I was hoping this thread was going to be filled with CVS version of the people of Walmart! I am sadly disappointed :-<
  • Options
    Ok so I obviously missed this. BUT Isla had her shots today and we felt bad dressing her when she was upset. Plus it was like 100 degrees. So we took her home in the diaper. Didn't know that was such a horrible thing to do.

imageimage

• Options
    I didn't see the photo before the dd but it is incredibly messed up to take a picture of another child then...wait for it....POST IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM! The irony is that if the op or someone else posted, omg some weirdo took a picture of my kid at Walmart, it would be filed under the, OMG CREEPER, CALL THE COPS, CALL CPS, OBAMA YOu HEARING?

I think it's kinda weird to judge that a kid was only in a diaper, but for realz don't take pictures of random kids and post it even if there is not identifiable details.
  • Options
    I think the picture taking is "meh."

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I find humor in the People of Walmart Website. I'll admit I've snapchatted pictures of weird looking people before. Hell, I've even got one saved to my phone because the woman seriously had Cruella Deville hair. And I side eyed the crap out of it & sent it to my husband.

I think if you put it out in public (whether by being out in public, or posting it on social media) it's out in the open to be judged and side-eyed and appreciated by the world.

And yes, my baby has had so many blow outs in one day that by the time we got home all that was left was a diaper, socks & a bib.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I think everyone finds PeopleofWalmart funny because they aren't on it. The thing I had a problem with was that very easily could have been anyone on this board. We all do things that people won't agree with. I don't think it's funny or cute to post a pic (back only or not) just so a bunch of internet strangers and pick it apart and discuss how terrible she is as a mom. @linzerd‌ how would you have felt if someone else had posted a pic of you and your child that was taken secretly while you were shopping and then posted it on a public forum for people to pick apart? If I "have my panties in a twist" I think I have a valid reason to and the fact that you see nothing wrong with it really makes me side eye you a bit.

I think peopleofwalmart is different because these are adults choosing to go out in public this way.  They are either seeking attention anyway, or they just plain don't care, and probably wouldn't care that they are on this website.  I have to wonder sometimes if people purposefully dress crazy to try to get on the site (I hope anyway).

But this mother was probably just trying to finish her errands and like others said, baby had a blow out, or was sick, or was super hot.  I personally wouldn't purposefully take my baby out to a store in just a diaper, but it wasn't hurting the baby any, so who are we to judge.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Robert is literally always in just a diaper around the house. If it weren't for the straps of his car seat I wouldn't think twice about diaper only errands out in public... Didn't know that would have been considered inappropriate...
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    It's hot here.  My girls are little and messy and I have no problem if the baby is in a diaper or whatever, as long as she is comfortable.  And my 2 year old went to the park yesterday in shorts, sneakers, no shirt and a floppy hat.  She was comfortable, and so was I. 
  • Options
    My nephew plays outside in his XMas fleece pajamas... I start sweating just looking at him and he is just happy as a clam lol
  • Options

@babylimas that's about the cutest thing I've see in a long time, thank you for posting!

• Options
    23ofclubs said:

I saw a little girl in a bathing suit and water shoes at Target today. It made me think of this post. I just don't get why people care what babies/little kids wear. Unless they are dressed wrong for the weather or something.

How fun must those parents be? I hope I'm like that.
  • Options
    My bestie has a little girl who is nearly 5 and has super curly hair. About a month ago we were going to Target together and Alyssa (4 year old) came down in a long orange tshirt, pink leggings, a purple dress up tutu and WILD hair. My best friend tried to convince her to do a pony tail and that wasn't happening so we just went to Target with Alyssa, queen of the Amazons! No big deal, I thought she looked freakin adorable!
  • Options
    I took Brooke shopping at an out door mall. It's hotter than heck today in Texas.... This what she ended up in. Judge away! image

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KewiiKewii member
    Ahutch428 said:
    I took Brooke shopping at an out door mall. It's hotter than heck today in Texas.... This what she ended up in. Judge away! 
    Well, the bow does add a certain level of pizazz that just a diaper would not offer ;)

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    OMG @Ahutch428‌ she is adorable!!

• Options
    babylimas said:
    My daughter has strong opinions about her outfits. She picks out the weirdest clothes and I get no say in the matter.
    HA! I LOVE this. Rock on, little girl!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We get plenty of much stranger things out in public that I wouldn't even side eye a baby in just a diaper, especially if it was hot.

I don't have a pic, but DD was at a baseball game recently in just a diaper. Should have put a bow on her though, because everyone kept calling her a boy.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options
    I am puzzled by what's wrong with a baby just in a diaper in the first place? It gets hot out there, yo.

I don't see the diff between posting a pic here and on People of WalMart. I think both are in poor taste.
  • Options
    My 8year old has been wearing a pirate costume almost everyday for almost a year now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"