Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Feeding schedule curiosity

Just curious as to everyone's feeding schedule. My LO is 6 months & we have started purees. I know I will probably get many different answers because every baby is different. So basically what I want to know is do you do a breakfast/lunch/dinner routine with bottles in between? How many bottles (oz) does your LO get per day? 

Also I'm new to the 6-9 month board! Hello! :)

Re: Feeding schedule curiosity

• JennaRaekJennaRaek member
    edited July 2014
    Our DS is almost 7 months and gets 6oz of formula every 4 hrs or so. Before bed he gets 8oz. and then sleeps roughly 8:30pm-6:00am. He gets veggies with his "lunch time" bottle and fruit/cereal with his "dinner time" bottle. I make my own purees and then freeze them in ice cube trays. He gets 3 cubes at a time. So he gets 5 bottles a day (Roughly:6am, 10am, 2pm, 5/6pm, 8/9pm). 4 being 6oz and the last one being 8oz. Not sure if that helps at all or not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD is 7 months and takes two 4 ounce jars of purées a day. One between 11 and 1. One between 6:30 and 7:30. This is what our dr recommended. She eats a bit less milk now, but I think that's normal. I bf so I'm not sure on ounces. I also give her puffs, but only to practice fine motor skills. She probably actually manages to eat 2 of the ten I give her, on a good day. The dog gets most of them!

• Loading the player...
  • countrycottoncountrycotton member
    edited July 2014
    DD is just shy of eight months

7:00am 4oz formula snd about 3 oz of oatmeal/ fruit purée mixed
    10:00 am 6 oz formula
    1:00pm 6oz formula
    4:00 pm 4 oz formula and 3-4 oz veg or meat/veg purée 
    7:00 pm 6oz formula

She also gets puffs or a teething biscute twice a day. Or steamed veggies diced to small pieces. 
  • aditigirl said:
    Ditto @Sing2phins‌. Baby should be getting the majority of their nutrition from bf or ff. Not purées.
    Yea, I get that, just curious about when others introduced them & how many times per day. :)
  • Also, trying to decide if LO needs more ounces per feeding. We are kind of all over the place. Some days she will drink 6 oz. when she wakes up, & others it's closer to 4. We start daycare in a few weeks so I'm trying to determine how many bottles I should send & if I should give her something with her bottle before I drop her off (because they want us to have already given "breakfast" before our child arrives for the day). Addison usually has one bottle when she wakes & then another shortly after (2 hrs). 
  • My LO is almost 7 months old.  She only started on solids a few weeks ago so we're still introducing things.  For the first week, she only got cereal once a day.  The second week it was cereal twice a day.  Then last week we went to cereal twice a day and a veggie once a day.  Currently, she wakes up @ 6am and has 6 oz of formula.  At 8:30, we make a 6 oz bottle and use an ounce or 2 to make cereal.  She eats her cereal and then has the remainder of the bottle.  She has a 6 oz bottle at 11:30, then a veggie and a 3 oz bottle at 1:30.  She has another 6 oz bottle at 4:30, then more cereal and the remainder of the 6 oz bottle.  Basically, it's @ 2-3 tbsp of cereal, 2 oz of veggies and 33 oz formula.  She often doesn't finish all of her bottles so she probably drinks more like 30 oz.  Her pedi told us to introduce green veggies first, followed by orange/yellow veggies, and then fruits.  When she starts fruits, we'll probably replace once of the cereals with the fruit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our ped said at least 24oz day...if bf, I guess try to keep up the same number of sessions. Food before one, just for fun :). We have not had a ton of success w purees, but dd is interested in whatever I'm having, and wasa crackers and Melba toast keep her busy :). So I guess we are sort of doing BLW?
  •  DD is 6 months and her formula intake is all over the map and during the middle of the day, she takes frequent small bottles. She likes to eat small meals and very frequently, so most of my day is just basically feeding her. 

Our day looks like this:

6:30am- 7oz formula
    8am - 2oz formula (she needs a top off before nap)
    ~nap~
    11am- 2-3 oz of purees followed for 3oz formula
    1230pm- 3 oz of formula
    ~nap~
    3pm- 4-6oz of formula
    4:30pm- 2-3 oz of solids
    6:30pm- 7oz formula

It's a crazy schedule, but she's not an easy one to feed. She likes her solids but has a very very small attention span and gets bored about 10 mins in despite not being full. 
  • My 7 month old son is a little pig, he is 20lbs and in the 83% for his weight. I bumped up his food in take because he was cranky all the time and I realized it was him being hungry.

5:30-bf
    8:00-bf & 4oz of food usually fruit
    Snacks-puffs
    10- bf
    12:30/1- bf & 8oz of food (meat and a veggie)
    Snacks-puffs
    4-bf
    7-bf
    8:30-bf & 8oz of food (meat and a fruit)
  • Navy12211 said:
    My 7 month old son is a little pig, he is 20lbs and in the 83% for his weight. I bumped up his food in take because he was cranky all the time and I realized it was him being hungry. 5:30-bf 8:00-bf & 4oz of food usually fruit Snacks-puffs 10- bf 12:30/1- bf & 8oz of food (meat and a veggie) Snacks-puffs 4-bf 7-bf 8:30-bf & 8oz of food (meat and a fruit)
    I am debating letting her try some puffs. She started crawling this past weekend. She will be 7 months on the 16th of August. If she doesn't even get them into her mouth maybe they will help with pincer grasp.
  • DD is almost 7 months and our schedule looks like this:

8am- 8oz formula
    Rice or Oatmeal cereal
    12:00- 8oz
    4:00 - 8oz
    Veggie/fruit
    8pm - 8oz

DD doesn't always take 8 oz, but when we did 5 feedings at about 6oz, she was only taking 2-3oz in the afternoon. I felt like "everyone else" was feeding more often or eating less/more. The pedi said that what we are doing is fine. She said at this age anywhere from 28-32oz is appropriate. I am also going to start mixing the veggies and fruit (I make my own food). DD sits unassisted and can do it by herself. She is also almost crawling. I will probably give her some sort of snack in the afternoon. A few puffs or something similar.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"