Chit Chat
Options

Furbaby is sick. :(

Our first cat together was in and out of the vet since this past weekend. Today the bloodwork came back and she is diabetic. Her levels are so out of control that they've got her on IV, potassium supplement, anti-nausea (she was non-stop vomiting) and probably will start insulin. We're not 100% sure she'll make it through them trying to stabilize her.

Called out of work today because it was so bad earlier. I was afraid that we were headed towards having to put her down. We have more hope than we did at 12:00pm and I am researching the dietary changes, in-home glucose monitoring and insulin injections.

Our pets are our family in this house. This girl got me through my husband's deployment, she flew over 18 hours with me when he got out of the military. She's my buddy. I'm just not ready for her to go.
Married to the love of my life since 2005
TTC #1 - 
BFP # 1: 5/2006 - m/c @ 6 weeks (natural) / EDD 1/17/2007
BFP # 2: 7/2007 - chemical pregnancy / EDD 3/18/2008
BFP # 3: 6/2013 - 7/9 u/s: No hb, measuring 2 weeks behind. Very high HCG#'s 7/21 u/s: No change, ruled out molar pregnancy. Completed Natural Missed M/C 7/26/2013 / EDD 2/5/2014
TTA with Diaphragm. 
CFNBC
I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there's a lot of difference. - Ernest Hemingway 

Licensed foster family. No current placements. Open to adoption but that is not our goal and as such we don't have dual foster/adopt home study.
2012-2013: Former Foster Mommy to 1 bubbly little 8 y.o. girl that has moved onto an amazing adoptive home.

Re: Furbaby is sick. :(

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thank you. We are still holding on to hope. She isn't doing well. 
    TTC #1 - 
    BFP # 3: 6/2013 - 7/9 u/s: No hb, measuring 2 weeks behind. Very high HCG#'s 7/21 u/s: No change, ruled out molar pregnancy. Completed Natural Missed M/C 7/26/2013 / EDD 2/5/2014
    TTA with Diaphragm. 
    CFNBC
    I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there's a lot of difference. - Ernest Hemingway 

Licensed foster family. No current placements. Open to adoption but that is not our goal and as such we don't have dual foster/adopt home study.
    2012-2013: Former Foster Mommy to 1 bubbly little 8 y.o. girl that has moved onto an amazing adoptive home.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KingLEDKingLED member
    Oh no! I'm so sorry she isn't doing well. :(

Are there any updates? Is there a plan to bring her home at all?
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    Even sadder news. She didn't make it. We miss her dearly. Our other 2 cats are extra attentive to us and I just feel that they know how sad we are and hopefully have some sort of knowledge that she is gone. They knew she was sick when she was home with us last week before she got really bad.
    TTC #1 - 
    TTA with Diaphragm. 
    CFNBC

• Options
    :( I'm really sorry. My condolences to you at this time.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose your furbabies. I had to put my 1st kitty down about 6 years ago. I had him since I was 5. Now my 4 year old Maine coon mix was just diagnosed with Lymphoma. We are just hoping she holds on a little longer but she really isn't doing well. We have her on steroids which seems to be making her symptoms less severe. Keep your head up. Honestly, I have my first kitties ashes. It allows me to feel closer to him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"