September 2013 Moms

Convertible seats - Recos?

I may be late to the party, but I JUST started thinking we should get a convertible seat soon. She still fits well in her bucket seat but i'm thinking it's coming as she's been getting taller and taller. For those of you that have gotten them already, any brands you love? 

Re: Convertible seats - Recos?

• Mine is being shipped as we speak. I did a lot of research and decided on the Graco Size4Me. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H8MSKAU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll let you know if I like it! :-)

• We started using a britax boulevard g3 in January. DS was too heavy for me to carry in the chicco keyfit. I like it but the straps are a little difficult. We needed a second carseat for when he goes back to DC. I looked at several (mostly chicco next fit) and decided to get another britax. We got the boulevard g4 this time and I like it a lot better. I have an acura tsx wagon.
  • Loading the player...
  • We just switched over to convertible seats.  We needed to get 2 because DH drops off for daycare and I pick up.  We got 2 different ones-the Chicco Nextfit and the Britax Marathon.  
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Thanks for posting.  I need to go shopping for a seat as well and I get so overwhelmed with the information.  I have been leaning towards the chicco next fit since that is what I have now and I love it.  I was thinking of switching car seats when she turns 1.

• Thanks ladies - so helpful. 
    SweetC80 that site is great! thanks for posting.

We have a Chicco Keyfit now and we love it so I considered staying with Chico or moving to Britax since i've also heard good things about it. We have a Honda CRV - either would work with that right (for those of you that have either seat).

Also, can you still install a convertible seat in the middle or does it have to be to the side? We have ours in the middle now. 
  • a3‌
    @AlejandraN2‌ when we only had one car seat we had my son rear facing in the middle seat. I drive a Kia Optima (sedan) and my DH has Durango. We kept him rear facing until 2 years and 2 months old. He has always been between 85-95% on the height chart. I really only turned him around because it was Christmas time an I wanted him to be able to the light display one of the local colleges put up.

For my DS we have a Britax Marathon and an even flow triumph (I think). For LO I have ordered a Redan that I got for a super deal from kohl's but I haven't tried installing it RF to see if it fits.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• BurrberrymumBurrberrymum member
    edited July 2014
    Peg perego !! Amazing quality and it fits nice in my small car.

Eta: I'm relieved to see that our seat is on the recommended list! Thank for posting that link! @SweetC80‌
  • RedDDDRedDDD member
    we have this one for DS and I plan on buying two more (one for each car) for DD.  My coworker also bough this one and loves it.  She said its way better then the one she has for her first child because it reclines a little more and when LO falls asleep his head doesn't just fall straight down.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Great thread! We will be switching LO to a convertible around the 1 yr mark and I have been researching but overwhelmed with all the options. Thanks to the PP who posted the website. I'll be checking it out
  • AbbyMMM said:
    I love our Chicco NextFit, but I have an SUV, so the bulkiness is not an issue. It seems to be really comfy for him. You can also tilt it so it's the exact recline as the Chicco key fit, so he sleeps just as well in it. It is pricey and I haven't tried any others, but we are happy with it. One thing: the strap covers it comes with are really big and uncomfortable for LO. Rubberized on the back and left red marks on his collar. Per other online reviews, we cut them off and replaced them with store bought ones.
    The newer Nextfits do not have the strap covers with rubberized backing any longer. They are the cloth material all the way around. They also have velcro to be able to take them off.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• bossmom11bossmom11 member
    edited July 2014
    I have bought three different kinds for my dd. The first one we got was the Cosco Scenera very inexpensive but had great reviews. Loved it but was in a car accident (everyone is fine!) but needed a new one. Then I wanted a better one because the Cosco did great in the accident but I was paranoid so we bought the Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport for my car and the Evenflo Tribute DLX Convertible for my dh. Each one I bought was under $85 because we have a small budget. We drive very small cars (Chevy Cobalt and Honda Civic) and both seats do great in them. Hope this helps!

FYI, the cup holders are not being used with either seat and I did decide to purchase strap covers for both seats because dd was getting red marks from the straps.

Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • csspencer said:

We love our Diono Radian RXT. Very slim, a bit pricey, but it's good until DS grows out of a booster.

What size vehicle do you have this in? And did you use the adjusting foam pad?

• csspencer said:

We love our Diono Radian RXT. Very slim, a bit pricey, but it's good until DS grows out of a booster.

What size vehicle do you have this in? And did you use the adjusting foam pad?
    I know this wasn't directed to me but I thought I'd chime in since I have the same seat.

I have the diono radian rxt in my dodge Durango and dh has it in his 335i BMW. Two completely different sized vehicles but the seat works in both. Yes we use the foam pad. It isn't necessary for installation but it does offer the passenger more foot space. We plan to rf for quite a long time so the angle adjuster makes sense for us.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• @HisChamaoleGirl‌
    Thank you. I am looking to install it in my Kia optima (sedan) and I also plan to RF to at least 2 yrs. She will be behind the driver seat so my son can do carpool from the passenger side. I will need all the room I can get.

• @HisChamaoleGirl‌ Thank you. I am looking to install it in my Kia optima (sedan) and I also plan to RF to at least 2 yrs. She will be behind the driver seat so my son can do carpool from the passenger side. I will need all the room I can get.
    We purchased ours from Buy Buy Baby because they will let you take it to your car, test it out and return it if it doesnt fit. Perhaps there is a store in your area that will allow you to do the same ?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• We have a Britax Marathon and like it a lot.  The seat is on the bigger side, but we fit it in our Volvo S4 with no issue.  It's behind the passenger seat and I have to have the seat up a little bit but not too far that it's uncomfortable.  She seems really comfy in it and when she's in the car (not that often because we live in NYC) it's for at least 1.5 hours at a time.
  • @HisChamaoleGirl‌
    We bought my son's seats after trying them in my car at Bru.

I ordered the diono from kohl.com. It was an amazing deal so I am hoping we can make it work. I need to order the foam pad to get those extra couple of inches.

Thanks again

• totally go Britax!! and they also are having a 30% off sale today too!!

30% Off Britax Car Seat Sale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"