Formula Feeding
Options

Intro!

My DD was born this past Friday and even though I planned to give BFing a shot, DH and I decided in the hospital that FFing was probably the best situation for us. Honestly, I think I wanted to WANT to BF more than I actually WANTED to BF, if that makes sense. There's just so much out there about how good it is, but personally, I found it very weird and just didn't want to do it – oh, and it was causing me to have pretty big panic attacks for no reason whatsoever. As someone who's struggled with anxiety/OCD in the past, I wanted nothing to do with more anxiety and more panic. However, the guilt that I racked myself with has not been fun, but I seem to be letting things go as I see my baby girl make progress (up 2 oz. from her going home weight!!). 

The nurses in the hospital, my OB and the pedi were all fantastic about my decision to use formula. My friends and family have been amazing and supportive as well. I'm still having a bit of guilt, and feeling like maybe I should've tried harder, but then I watch my husband feed our daugther and I see that bond developing and I just don't care anymore. Honestly, I kind of wish I'd just decided to FF from the start. 

I'm looking forward to posting on this board and getting to know everyone!!
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro!

• Options
    emy730emy730 member
    2013mommy said:
    The reason I switched from BF after 2 weeks is because it gave me such anxiety and trigger my depression! I was much happier when I switched! I am happy to hear no one gave you grief ... my OB and DS's pedi were great but the nurses and LC I had been working with were kind of jerks about it. Try not to feel guilty. You are feeding your baby and doing what is right for your family :) 
    I hear you on the judgmental LC. We had a lady come into our room the day I decided to switch while we were still in the hospital and she made me feel terrible. She kept insisting that I try pumping, and no matter what I said, I couldn't get her to understand why I decided to FF. She basically insinuated that I was poisoning my child. Then had the nerve to ask me if I thought my panic attacks were caused by hormones.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"