High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Nausea medication

I was prescribed but I really don't want to take it... What could be the risks of taking it and of not taking it to the baby? I want more opinions besides that of my doctor in order to make up my mind... Thanks

Re: Nausea medication

• Options

If a doc is perscribing it during pregnancy you should be fine.  They know far more about that stuff then us random forum posters. 

One of my friends was horribly sick through her entire first and the first two tris of her second.  She was on a lot of meds to try and keep it from preventing her eating.  Their first is perfectly healthy and the second is due soon but there have been no issues.

If you aren't able to get the proper nutrients you run the risk of development problems with baby and you will proably not feel very good as baby will pull from your stores to make up the deficiency.  Without knowing what you were prescribed can't really speak to specific risks of taking the meds.  Drowsiness seems to be the most common side effect to most anti-nauseants though. 

Personally I avoided taking pills for the nausea but I didn't have it very bad and eating small snacks every couple hours was more than enough to keep it at bay.  If that hadn't worked I would have taken the pills without a second though.  I hate throwing up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"