Infertility

Group Effort Needed: Lets Tell 2008 to Kiss our A$$!!!

lets send 2008 off in style shall we??

Dear 2008,

I'd more than happy to say goodbye to you as you truly have been a sucky year. I went into 2008 with a sucky start, trying to heal from my M/C in December. I spent the first 1/2 of spring healing as well. We jumped back in the game in April with a new RE, and by June we did our first IUI with injectibles.......... June, you sucked as I spent the entire month with HIGH hopes, to have our efforts end up in an Chem. PG....... I spent my entire summer and fall  on a TTC break while trying to regain a tiny bit of my sanity that IF had taken from me. Summer 2008 was one of the worst summers of my life (second only to the summer my dad passed away when I was 22 years old). July, you also sucked as that was the month my baby was supposed to be born, and well, we know how that turned out! Fast forward to a crappy, uneventful fall (with the exception that we got to spend an awesome 2 1/2 weeks in Upstate NY in October when my brother got married). Beyond that, we barely eeked through two months of mediocre holidays, with a good part of each holiday spent in tears for how sad I was about not having my what should be now 5 month old baby.

So in closing 2008, I'd like to send you off with a BIG FAT KISS MY A$$!!!!!

To 2009, I can only hope and pray that you will be kind enough to bless my DH and I with a healthy lasting PG and I also hope and pray you will be kind to my fellow TTTC sisters who have had enough suffering with IF, just like me, and bless us all so we can leave this board behind!!

Okay girls-- Let 2008 have a piece of your mind and send it off in style!!

Jenn

My Blog: When Will Hope and Faith Pay Off

"The Sisterhood of Infertility" Blog

Cycle#18=BFP....M/C @ 7w2d...heartbroken
IUI #1 (cycle 25) = Chem PG, IUI # 2 Cycle 32 = BFFN! SURPRISE--- We're PG!! Break Cycle BFP November 2009!!!! M/C # 2
Sadly, a Mommy to 3 Angel Babies
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon
miscarriage survivor Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Group Effort Needed: Lets Tell 2008 to Kiss our A$$!!!

• Dear 2008 - I started the year with so much hope.  After trying for well over a year to get pg, we were finally going to see an RE

We got so lucky to find a great RE that I felt really cared for me and my family. 

Thank you for allowing me to experience pregnancy again (and again, and again, etc) even if for such a short time.

Thanks for taking that away from me FIVE times in 2008.

Thank you for giving me my beautiful neice, who was born one month after my first due date.  While I love her with all my heart, she will always be a reminder of what I would have had. 

Thanks for making me realize that, for us, there is another path to parenthood.

But - 2008 - you can kiss my A$$, I KNOW 2009 will be much better.

amy

• Dear 2008,

You sucked.

Sincerely,

Smilee?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • (((BIG HUGS)))) to both of you girls!!!

Jenn

My Blog: When Will Hope and Faith Pay Off

"The Sisterhood of Infertility" Blog

Cycle#18=BFP....M/C @ 7w2d...heartbroken
    IUI #1 (cycle 25) = Chem PG, IUI # 2 Cycle 32 = BFFN! SURPRISE--- We're PG!! Break Cycle BFP November 2009!!!! M/C # 2
    Sadly, a Mommy to 3 Angel Babies
    "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." John Lennon
    miscarriage survivor Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Thanks girls, this give me a chance to get out my hostility and bitterness.  

Thanks for nothing.  You suck donkey ba*ls!  F'you!

Eskimo kiss my ass bizatch.

Party!!!

Deb

Years of trying and treatment, IVF#1 brought us our darling C!
  • Dear 2008-

We started off the year with a bang.  Shitty SA results landed us at the RE's office.  Next was a PCOS diagnoses and the news that we would never be pg without IVF.

Sure you let us get our hopes up.  We did a cycle.  But we never even got to do the f-ing tx due to OHSS.  And now?  We are gearing up for a cycle but it might be in jeopardy for another f-ing year due to an abnormal Pap.  The first abnormal pap I've ever had.

So 2008 you can kiss my ass.

Larissa

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dear 2008,

Go to hell!  As if my miscarriage and my grandmother dying happening within 3 weeks of each other at the end of 2007 wasn't enough, you sucker-punched me at the beginning of 2008.  As we proceeded through a less than stellar IVF cycle, you just couldn't let that be bad enough.  No, I had to be awakened by my husband of 2.5 years telling me he was having chest pains and trouble breathing.  Yes, 2008, you gave him a heart attack.  How the hell did you think it felt to get the call that IVF #5 didn't work while I was sitting in the ICU waiting room at the hospital 2 days after the heart attack??

Then, suddenly, you decided that I should have some medical issues (after giving both Glenn and I pneumonia in May).  It was 3 months of "well, that thing we were looking at is fine, but, we found something else" sending me to the next doctor who would then, subsequently find something else.  My tour of the "-ologists" this spring and summer was loads of fun, thanks.

Oh, and, just to top things off,  IVF's 6 and 7 were loads of fun, too.

2008 - I hope you had your fun.  I know you were trying to rival 2007 as the suckiest year in my life and, well, you pretty much tied it.  Good job.

2009 - I'm crying UNCLE!  Please, I would love for you to go on record as the best year in my life.  I promise, I'll remember you and worship you alot more than 2007 and 2008!

With love and hope,
    Lisa

• Dear 2008 -

It could have been worse but for the most part it wasn't great.

Can't wait for a fresh start.  2 lines in '09.

C-YA!

theworms

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Dear 2008,

Thanks for a really sh!tty year! I had such high hopes coming in but as you come to a close I couldn't be more thankful! January was marred by my dr finding a 6.5 cm cyst on my ovary, which then decided to rupture (as I found out later) and send me to urgent care with quite possibly the worst headache of my life. February started off really great with a lap to remove said cyst, which lo and behold was GONE! February also brought news of my DH's awful SA results and his diagnosis of 2 herniated discs. March flew in with me in high hopes with the start of Clomid, it sucked! DH started pain management for his back. April and May, more Clomid for me and more pain management for DH (which screwed his spermies even worse). Also in May, follow-up SA with dramatically lower numbers and a decision to move forward with DS. June you sucked with your Clomid and visual side effects. July can kiss my a$$ being that was the IUI that got canceled due to poor response. August another IUI and feeling crappy with all the meds that I am on. September was another BFN, the decision to take a break and my in-laws coming to visit. We came out of our IF closet with them, they didn't seem to even care! October was ok, very uneventful while on a break, although I did take a pg test when AF was supposedly late...BFN. November was one of the most hideous months, Thanksgiving in particular. Needless to say we will never be speaking to my SIL and her husband again. December brought a lot of depression and sadness, feelings of inadequacy, a many days of crying. Today was topped off with an extra bout of crappiness when I figured my medical expenses at $10,800 for the year OOP.

Oh and if one more person tells me to just relax and I will get pg, I will kill them. No, seriously, I will....

Hasta la vista 2008! Hello 2009, please bring us better health and a baby....please.

• Dear 2008 -

You blow. You know why. Hope to never see you again. Ready to become best friends with 2009. :)

Your worst enemy,

Jenny

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bye 2008... Dont let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. You take with you our 4th year of ttc. 4mos of clomid failure. A new re & the discovery that there is a 1% chance without ivf. On your last day- we find out this cycle may be cancled due to my crappy responding. Thanks. welcome 2009. Come in. Sit down. Make yourself comfortable. Let me get you a cold drink. I think we are going to be good friends!
  • Dear 2008,

Good riddance to you!  You were a cruel, cruel year to me.

The first part of this year was spent taking a ton of vitamins and supplements to regulate my hormones and getting my body healthy.

In June, you gave me a BFP on my first round of injectables.  After my beta had climbed to almost 70,000 and just when I was starting to let myself believe this might be a healthy pregnancy, you decided to give me a missed m/c - which brings me to FIVE devastating losses - Seriously, WTF?????

As if letting my betas soar and giving me false hope wasn't awful enough, it took three months, a dose of misoprostol and a d&C for my m/c cycle to be over - thank you so much for that!

2008, you suck a$$!

Snuggling up with my new BFF, 2009 :)

Sincerely,

Marisa

TTC #1 w/ endo since Sept 2005. After many losses, a lap, tons of meds and tons of testing and, one failed IVF cycle, we were blown away with a surprise, sticky BFP...it's a girl!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Dear 2008,

I am glad you're gone!  You sucked January to March when you stole AF.  In June there was the ectopic September brought worse news as I had surgery and mom got breast cancer.  November my father in law passed the day before my mom has a mastectomy.  Now you've left me feeling guilty for drinking on dpo 3.

Screw you and I'm never looking back

Here's to 09

• I know I am late here....but this is going to be my last time complaining about 08.

Dear 2008, 

Fu*k off! 

Sincerely, 

Harleyq8 & her DH

• Dear 2008 I am so glad you are over, I hope to never think of you again, I HATE you for putting DH and I threw these horrible cycles and getting our hopes up with each one. I HATE you for giving me a baby then only to take it away. I had actually changed my mind about you and all was forgiven, but screw you! I hope you rott in H ell!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"