Babies on the Brain

Don't forget to put your wallet in the window!

With at least a buck in it. ?It is supposed to bring a year of having "enough" financially.

It has never made me rich, but we've always had enough!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Don't forget to put your wallet in the window!

• I have never heard of this...hmmm...might have to try it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker button
  • I've never heard that about the wallet. 

War Eagle you strike me as the type though to enjoy her collards and black eyed peas though for money and luck. I am having mine tomorrow for sure. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never heard of this either but hey, it's worth a try!
  • imageMrs.PeachyKeen:

I've never heard that about the wallet.?

War Eagle you strike me as the type though to enjoy her collards and black eyed peas though for money and luck. I am having mine tomorrow for sure.?

?

LOL-no way in hell! ?Enjoy yours though! ?I don't eat veggies.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think I will try it... Headed to grab mine and DH's and going to the window...BRB!
  • imagewar_eagle:
    imageMrs.PeachyKeen:

I've never heard that about the wallet. 

War Eagle you strike me as the type though to enjoy her collards and black eyed peas though for money and luck. I am having mine tomorrow for sure. 

LOL-no way in hell!  Enjoy yours though!  I don't eat veggies. 

]

Really?

Ok so does anyone else partake in the black eyed peas and collards on New Years?   I know it is a southern superstition.  New years day is the only day that I can stomach collards at all. 

• I do I do! And it has to be fresh black eyed peas, none of that canned crap!
  • imageAnna&Matt:
    I do I do! And it has to be fresh black eyed peas, none of that canned crap!

Definitely!.  We buy the ones in the bags in the produce section and cook with some nice pork fat back.  Dried are better than canned if you have to make do.

• Woohoo! someone else knows how it's done. We also have ribs.
  • We usually have pork tenderloin and sweet potatoes as well.  But ribs are good.  I learned how to really make them this year.  So tasty.  We got recipes from friends and family to put together a cookbook for our wedding favors.  We told everyone it was just for us, but then published them all.  It turned out great.  The best recipe is from a dear friend for ribs and it is amazing. 

• That sounds like fun....maybe next year.... as in 2010 and not 2009---I'm doing the wallet thing for this this year .... I'll work on the meal for next.
  • So do I wave my wallet or just sit on the window? 
  • I've never heard of this tradition, but I would think thieves would like it. Just walk around and look in people's windows for thier wallets:).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"