Military Families

Introduction!

Hi ladies! I'm so glad I found this board. I've been on the 3t board now for a while mostly lurking, sometimes posting. I had no idea this board existed!
Let me start out by introducing myself.
Dh and I have been married since march 2013 and have been TTC since July 2013. So one year now. He is navy and we are at our first duty station here in beautiful washington. We have a 6 month old white Siberian husky baby who is the sweetest thing ever. Her name is elsa.. Like from frozen lol. The breeders daughter named her and we liked it.
Even though we have been TTC for a year, this month was our last month trying until February because DH is deploying soon :( so it's even harder for us to get pregnant right now than it usually is. I'm looking forward to him coming home and us trying again and possibly seeing an RE instead of my OB at the naval hospital for my fertility testings.

Even if this cycle ends in a bfn I would still like to have some ladies who are in the same boat to talk to, even if we won't be TTC for a little while.

Re: Introduction!

• Hello! My husband is in the Navy too! We'll be moving to Washington in early September, to Bremerton (the ship is in Everett, but the home port is moving to Bremerton). What city are you in? We're so excited to go back to WA, hubs and I met and married there. Welcome!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image image
  • Hello! My husband is in the Navy too! We'll be moving to Washington in early September, to Bremerton (the ship is in Everett, but the home port is moving to Bremerton). What city are you in? We're so excited to go back to WA, hubs and I met and married there. Welcome!

Hi! We are at whidbey island. Very beautiful here. I love washington!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! I'm new to this board, also. I am currently in Pensacola visiting my mom while DH finishes squadron officer school at Maxwell (Montgomery, AL). We go back to eastern WA in a week or so. We are AF stationed at Fairchild. I am jealous of Navy always being near the water. I should have married into a different branch (jk!).

Hi! We are actually from pensacola! That's our home :) I love it there too, just too hot IMO!
  • Hi! I'm new to this board, also. I am currently in Pensacola visiting my mom while DH finishes squadron officer school at Maxwell (Montgomery, AL). We go back to eastern WA in a week or so. We are AF stationed at Fairchild. I am jealous of Navy always being near the water. I should have married into a different branch (jk!).
    My H was born at Fairchild when when his parents were in the AF. H is AF and we're in TX. He went to officer school at Maxwell as well, it's such a beautiful base, we loved looking at all the old houses.

OP, I'm seen at an RE/IF clinic at the MTF here and I've had a great experience. I don't know much about any of the ones in WA, but I do know that most treatments, if they're offered through the MTF, are substantially cheaper than going through civilian services. IUIs will be pretty much free, and even IVF through our MTF clinic will cost less than a fifth of what it would cost on the outside. If it's an option you have available, I'd at least check into it.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

My H was born at Fairchild when when his parents were in the AF. H is AF and we're in TX. He went to officer school at Maxwell as well, it's such a beautiful base, we loved looking at all the old houses.

OP, I'm seen at an RE/IF clinic at the MTF here and I've had a great experience. I don't know much about any of the ones in WA, but I do know that most treatments, if they're offered through the MTF, are substantially cheaper than going through civilian services. IUIs will be pretty much free, and even IVF through our MTF clinic will cost less than a fifth of what it would cost on the outside. If it's an option you have available, I'd at least check into it.

Right now we are seen at our naval hospital. However there is an army hospital a few hours away from us that offers iui and IVF and I think it's what you were saying. A TON cheaper. I really hope that if it comes down to it, we will still be living this close to the army hospital

• Welcome in Bremerton, not a huge fan of it but it is what it is. The child care centers are amazeballs though!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"