January 2013 Moms
Options

Tell me about your day

What's your schedule like during the day with your LO, especially if you are a SAHM or work from home parent.

Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Tell me about your day

• Options
    I work from home but DS goes to daycare because there's now way I could work with him home. I can tell you my weekends, though. He wakes up lately around 8 - he'll drink a whole sippy of milk and watch Elmo or choo-choo (the little engine that could) while running around playing. I'll make him eggs or other breakfast around 9. I then start house work or whatever I have to do while he plays - obviously nothing intensive gets done but I can usually at least clean the kitchen. He still goes back and forth between 1 or 2 naps, but days he takes 1 he'll go down around 12. That's when I try to get mopping/vacuuming/laundry folding done. He'll wake up around 2:30 so I give home a snack and then take him outside for at least an hour. After that I make dinner while he plays (around 5:30) and then we do dinner, bath, an hour of play and books and then bed by 8.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I work, but I teach so I am home with my daughter for the summer. Since I've been home with her, we've have established a pretty good routine. She wakes anytime between 7 and 8 usually. She gets some milk and some Cheerios and we play and watch some Disney junior while we are both waking up. She then will have some breakfast around 8:30 or 9 and then we usually play for a little bit longer. If she plays by herself I can usually get something quick done. I always take her somewhere daily, the pool, grocery store, target, park, etc. it's different every day, but we both need out of the house. Then we have lunch and she goes down for a nap around 1. She will sleep for 1-2 hrs. And after that we will either play or go out somewhere until it is time to make dinner. After dinner it's usually play time with daddy then bath,teeth brushing, books, bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jessie333Jessie333 member
    edited July 2014

7ish wake up (this has been varying lately between 6 and 8)

7:15 breakfast

9ish play on deck/go for short walk

10 small snack and possibly go to park

11:30 lunch

12-Nap.  Being spoiled lately with DD taking a 3+hr nap

3 wake up

3:30 larger snack

6:30 dinner

7:30 Bath, teeth brushing

7:45 book

8 bed time

Snack times are approximate

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I get up around 7:30 and putz around and then get ready. DD gets up between 9 and 10. I change her, give her a sippy of milk, play for a bit and then we go downstairs to have breakfast. Mondays we take a class so she usually has breakfast in the car. At least 2x a week we get together with people from my moms group. Then we either get together with my mom, go to the library, the park, or we play at home. This time is until about 12:30 and then we have lunch. At about 1 I lay her down for a nap. She is usually up around 3. Then we have snack and play outside until daddy gets home at 4 or 4:30. After that it is free play until about 5:30 when we have dinner. More free play until bed at around 7:30.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    dd goes to daycare....so i wake up and get ready around 6am, then wake up dh to start getting ready and while he's doing that, i get dd up and dress and feed her....then i get her lunch and daycare bag ready....we leave at the same time, so i put dd in the car and try not to cry bc i wish i could stay home with her every day (ok being a little over dramatic there :)  ) 
    then dh and i usually get home around the same time, so i take her out of the car and we play for a bit while we try to figure out dinner....then we make/eat dinner and when we're done, i start her bath....then it's bath time...after that we play/read/whatever and then she probably goes to bed later than she should- around 9ish or so on a good day
    weekends, we tend to sleep in a bit, because she actually lets us....so somewhere around 830-9 we get up...dh is still asleep, so dd and i have breakfast- she usually has oatmeal....then we go and play or watch tv and then dh will wake up....on saturdays we don't usually have anything planned, sometimes dd and i will go to the mall, or the 3 of us will go for a walk or just play outside or whatever...then we'll usually have a later lunch since she woke up later or napped through lunch(she'll have snacks between breakfast and lunch)....our sats are lazy days...on sundays we go to my in laws...so after breakfast and dh waking up, we get ready and go to their house for a while....if we're lucky she naps there, otherwise she'll fall asleep on the way home but then she'll wake up and we play/read/bath and then bed time....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I SAH so we don't need to follow a strict schedule. Our days look something like this:

Wake up and eat breakfast

Play while I clean up from breakfast and shower

Dress and go out for the morning (storytime, playgroup, music class, errands, or spray/playground)

Return home and eat a snack

Nap for 2-3 hours while I clean the house

Wake up and eat lunch

Play independently while I clean up from lunch and prep dinner

Play together, inside or outside with water table or on the street with a ball

DH gets home and we eat dinner

DH takes DS on a bike ride or outside to play with neighborhood kids while I clean up

Bed routine for DS

IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options

I work odd days since I am a nurse but when I am home our days look like this...

0515 - DD and I wake up.  I get up, wash my face, caffeinate and throw casual clothes on while DD plays in her crib.

0545 - I go in and we change her diaper and read/play in her room

0615 - DD's breakfast.  DD eats while I unload the dishwasher, start a load of laundry, feed the dogs

0700 - play in living room.  I usually have the news or some Sophia the First on in the background.

0800 - 1030 - This part varies but we always do something during this time period.  Usually is a walk with DD and a shower after for me, running errands or go to the park.  She gets a snack in here too.

1030 - 1100 - Wind-down play. 

1100 - lunch

1130 - 230 - DD naps.  I usually nap for at least part of it.  Then I either get in a workout or clean (or catch up on The Bachelorette :) )

230 -  430 - snack and playtime!  We either visit grandma/grandpa, play outside, etc.

430 - 5 - wind down play.  Usually DH cooks and DD and I play and get stuff ready for tomorrow or I set her up to draw or watch a little TV while I cook. 

515 - dinner time.  I either feed DD by herself or we all eat.  I put dishes in the dishwasher and set up my work bag for the next day.  Feed dogs.

545 - Upstairs to play in her room and I get her bed ready and bath stuff ready.  I put away any clothes from today and set out my work scrubs, makeup, etc. so I can get ready fast in the morning if I work.

615 - 645 - bathtime! 

645 - Lotion and jammies, last sip of milk, brush teeth, fill up her water bottle for the crib.  DD shuts off the bathroom light and hall light and we grab blankie and go into her room.  We read a bunch of books.

7pm - bedtime for DD. 

7-730 - clean up bathroom, clean up kitchen.  Heat up my food if I didn't eat earlier.

730 - 9 - chill with hubs.  Bedtime for me is by 9 for sure. :)

** I always try and get her out of the house at least once a day and outside at least once a day.  We go to different parks, the library, the zoo, friend's houses, etc.  She eats and sleeps much better when we have been active. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Your schedules are making me think I need some more activities in our days :) 
    I work part-time but on days Im home it looks like this:

645-745 wake-up 
    breakfast
    hanging out/playing in the house
    sometimes water table on the deck/beach/visiting a friend/go to a local outdoor cafe
    11:30 lunch
    12 books/down for a nap
    nap is 2-3 hours. I totally sleep for some of that time (I'm 36 weeks pregnant and am indulging while I can!)
    3ish- snack
    play around the house- I start thinking of dinner prep around 5 while LO entertains herself
    530ish- dinner
    6-645 LO plays with DH who is now home from work
    645ish, DH gives LO bath, brushing, books
    Bed around 7, I go in shortly after for a good night snuggle

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"