Girl:

Blakelyn Piper Jude

Re: What do you think?

• Options
    I like Jude for a boy.
  • Options
    Keep: Xander and Jude for a boy

Keep but I don't like: Grayson spelled this way, Piper, Knox

Toss FAR AWAY: Blakelyn, Greyson, and Jude for a girl.

Add: Pretty much any legitimate and correctly spelled name.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am going to suggest:

Xander Jude or Xander Blake
    Piper (insert something feminine here for a MN)

I really can't get behind the others.  Grayson is okay if you choose one of multiple existing legit spellings.  "Different" spellings don't make your child more unique, they're just a pain in the butt for the person who has to live with them, which is not you.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    It's pretty well been said, if your objective is to have something different you will not achieve it with any spelling of Greyson. Adding -Lynn to a girl's name is also crazy trending and makes for a very unattractive name.

• Options
    I like Piper and Xander. I really don't like Blakelyn.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    Joy2611 said:
    mjreilly2 said:
    I don't think you really want to know what I think...
    Yup.

::Homer into the hedges::

EDIT: No wait.  I'll play.

Prepare yourself.

Are you ready?

Really?

Blakelyn Piper Jude.  The only real name you have in there is Piper.  I'll let it slide.  Jude is a MALE name so what is it doing there?  Blakelyn is a smoosh of Blake (another male name) and Lynn.  Keep Piper and go back to find two real, feminine names.

Greysen Xander Knox.  It looks like you have a love affair with Xs.  Okay - Xander and Knox are legit.  Greysen is misspelled (did you mean Grayson?)  It's okay as a whole but veeeeeeeeeeeery trendy and timestamped to rightthissecond.

I agree.  Piper is NMS but it's a real name and Jude is a boy's name.  I'm not sure WTF Blakelyn is.

Grayson is a great name, but Greysen is just misspelled for no reason.  Xander is legit but paired with Knox...looks a little...obnoxious.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh my. Honestly? Very very bad. What about Jude for the boy name? The girl names are bad; the best of the bunch is Piper, which I don't really care for. If you like blakelyn what about something else that ends in Lynn? Evelyn, Madeleine etc. blakelyn is a made up name that will blend in with all the other Lyn names that are so popular right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    Grayson I like, Xander I like and Knox is ok but I don't like them all together, it's a little too much, I'd pick two. And I prefer Grayson instead of Greysen (very questionable spelling)

Grayson Xander
    Grayson Knox
    Xander Grayson
    Zander Knox (this combo I find better without so many x's)

Blakelyn I don't like at all, Piper is nice, Jude I don't like for a girl. I'd stick with Piper and try to come up with something that goes well with it!!

Piper Monroe (I like this better than Jude)
    Piper Rayna
    Piper Collins
    Piper McKenna
    Piper Jolie
    Piper Luna
    Piper Frances
  • Options

Joy2611 said:

mjreilly2 said:

Yup.

::Homer into the hedges::

EDIT: No wait.  I'll play.

Prepare yourself.

Are you ready?

Really?

Blakelyn Piper Jude.  The only real name you have in there is Piper.  I'll let it slide.  Jude is a MALE name so what is it doing there?  Blakelyn is a smoosh of Blake (another male name) and Lynn.  Keep Piper and go back to find two real, feminine names.

Greysen Xander Knox.  It looks like you have a love affair with Xs.  Okay - Xander and Knox are legit.  Greysen is misspelled (did you mean Grayson?)  It's okay as a whole but veeeeeeeeeeeery trendy and timestamped to rightthissecond.

I agree.  Piper is NMS but it's a real name and Jude is a boy's name.  I'm not sure WTF Blakelyn is.

Grayson is a great name, but Greysen is just misspelled for no reason.  Xander is legit but paired with Knox...looks a little...obnoxious.

I think you mean obKnoxious.

See what I did there??

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Options
    :-&

jude is lovely
  • Options
    Grayson is nice.. Grayson Xander Knox is ok. But instead of blakelyn, how about just Blake? Like Blake lively?
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Options
    I personally really like Grayson, even if it isn't a board favorite.  But that's about all I can get behind on your list, and only if spelled correctly. Xander is a nickname to me, and Knox only conjurs up the Jolie-Pitts.  Blakelyn is a terrible non-name.   I dislike Piper on a girl and Jude is lovely, for a boy.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I personally really like Grayson, even if it isn't a board favorite.  But that's about all I can get behind on your list, and only if spelled correctly. Xander is a nickname to me, and Knox only conjurs up the Jolie-Pitts.  Blakelyn is a terrible non-name.   I dislike Piper on a girl and Jude is lovely, for a boy.

I agree with all of this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Xander is good.... I'm going to back away now.
  • Options
    mjreilly2 said:

madisonrl said:
    Boy: Greysen Xander Knox 
    Girl: Blakelyn Piper Jude

Piper and Xander (Alexander) aren't terrible (but I don't like them). No comment on the
    other four.

This! Alexander and Piper. Yes.
    Others awful!
  • Options
    Manderlin923Manderlin923 member
    edited July 2014
    Piper June and Grady Alexander are nice alternatives.
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options
    Well, it seems that everyone dislikes them. Lol

Thanks for being honest about your opinions. Jude is after a female family member, so that's why it's for a girl instead of a boy.

Blakelyn, although I don't normally get into all the -lyn names, maiden name is Blake. Everyone I know in person actually liked it. Easy to spell, easy to pronounce.

Anyhow, I guess I will think on it some more. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Woahh!! Tad much but ur choice pick what you want its your babys!!
    Personally dislike them
  • Options
    madisonrl said:
    Well, it seems that everyone dislikes them. Lol Thanks for being honest about your opinions. Jude is after a female family member, so that's why it's for a girl instead of a boy. Blakelyn, although I don't normally get into all the -lyn names, maiden name is Blake. Everyone I know in person actually liked it. Easy to spell, easy to pronounce. Anyhow, I guess I will think on it some more. Thanks ladies!
    If it's your maiden name, then why aren't you considering Blake for a boy?  I think that would be wonderful.  If my maiden name had worked that well as a FN, I would absolutely have used it for DS.  I doubt Blakelyn will really be that easy to live with - it strikes me as one of those names people will constantly mishear as something else, and will probably get spelled Blaklyn/Blakelin/etc. more than you think.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    I love Blake for a boy. Or Jude.

Piper is fine for a girl. Blakelyn is just so bad.

Blake Alexander
    Piper Colette
    Piper Juliet

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I think you are punking us.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So, since everyone hates Blakelyn so much and I'm not with the father anyhow, I am going to give the baby my maiden name as a surname either way.

Aurora Jude Blake
    Xander Rhys Blake

And seriously, if you have nothing nice to say (or you can't say it nicely) please keep it to yourself. Some of you have been downright obnoxious.
  • Options
    Oh, wow. The second set is very much improved! I like the traditional spelling of Rhys. Aurora is very pretty

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    Those are much better names!!! I'm not a big fan of Jude but it's ok as a mn and Aurora is very pretty. I like both Xander and Rhys!!!!
  • Options
    The second set of names are beautiful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"