Late Term and Child Loss
Options

PgAL Check-in

I know @princezjk is getting close to delivery and asked for someone to take over. Did anyone volunteer? Im going to go ahead and post today to get things going, but if anyone wants to run it, please do so. Its a very rewarding task. 

Hello ladies,

I Hope this finds you all well and positive this week! If you have any questions you would like answered, please don't be shy! You can also ask the PAL ladies. Grow little ones, grow!  

How far along are you?

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: Do you feel like your pregnancies have been distinctly different physically? Like you can tell a difference in the babies already? **Example: My daughter's pregnancy was a breeze. Her brother brought morning sickness, discovered clotting disorder, etc. She was quietly active, he was a soccer player from 16w.** 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?
Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

Re: PgAL Check-in

• Options
    Noethola Thanks for posting this!  Hopefully someone did sign up and maybe we just don't know yet. 

How far along are you?
    7 weeks
    Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?
    Today we have our last ultrasound with our RE.  We are choosing to transfer to our OB early due to numerous issues with the RE and the fact that we've already had a pregnancy complication. 
    Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?
    Aversion to dairy :( But, I do not feel as sick as I did with the twins, who had me throwing up at least 3 times a day!
    QOTW: Do you feel like your pregnancies have been distinctly different physically? Like you can tell a difference in the babies already? **Example: My daughter's pregnancy was a breeze. Her brother brought morning sickness, discovered clotting disorder, etc. She was quietly active, he was a soccer player from 16w.** 
    I can already tell these babies are so different!  With Conner and Ben, I was sick at around 5 weeks with  nausea and headaches.  It continued until about 16 or 17 weeks, and around that time I started getting exhausted since my body felt like I was in the third trimester.  With this baby, I have little nausea but I am tired already.  No headaches yet!  
    Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?
    I'm really struggling on when to announce the pregnancy.  We originally wanted to do it in a couple of weeks,  but now I think this is too early.  I would like to wait until 16 weeks, when we know the gender.  But my big issue is that I've already announced on my blog and on TB. My sister in law and my brother already know.  So now I feel the guilt of not letting our entire families and our friends know.  With our loss at 22.5 weeks, I know there is no "safe time" to announce, but I would still like to wait.  
  • Options
    NoetholaNoethola member
    edited July 2014
    @ikrystal I told family, but made no other announcements. Its really conflicting when to share, because there is no "safe" time. When you tell has no bearing on the outcome of this pregnancy. I had to keep telling myself that.

@aragosta So many ((hugs))! You are allowed to feel all you are. It does not take away the love you have for this little one or your love for Lucas. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    aragosta I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.  I didn't think you were complaining for one minute; it is evident how much you love both of your babies.  Sending love and prayers. 
  • Options
    @aragosta - so many thoughts and and prayers and hugs.

@ikrystal‌ - that is a tough decision. I agree with noethola, whether you tell or not, or when you do tell, won't change anything with your pregnancy. ((Hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    @aragosta I have been thinking of you lately. I am just so sorry you are dealing with all of this.

My quick update:  I'm being induced Sat, Aug 2 IF this baby decides to flip head down. (Please flip baby!)  Otherwise, I'll have a c-section Aug 4.

One year ago today we found out our little guy had no heartbeat. It's hard remembering this at the same time we're waiting on a new baby. We're so close to a rainbow, but I still wake up every morning expecting her to have died during the night. Those first few minutes waiting for her to move are so hard!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    @mmsweeney1 I can't count how many time I freaked out, literally crying and begging the baby to move or kick me for reassurance. Poor baby got no sleep because of all the poking, ice water/juice drinking, laying down, etc that I did. Thinking of you today as you face this milestone of your son's passing.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

• Options
    @noethola Thank you. My husband freaks out far more than I do, but it's stressful. If she doesn't move in the first 2 minutes after he asks, he's ready to head to the hospital. I always poke and prod her too, but luckily she is a good little mover. Thankfully we don't have too much longer to wait.

• Options
    @mmsweeney1‌ - thinking of you today on this very difficult day. Only a few more weeks to go!

DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    @Noethola‌ - thank you for posting this check in. I have been a terrible check in leader, but this week I finally have a good excuse. My little guy made his arrival Thursday. We are totally in love and transitioning from our PgAL anxiety to PAL anxiety!

@ikrystal - I know you mentioned you might be able to take over the checkin if no one else volunteered and as of right now no one has.

Struggling with when to announce can be really difficult. I felt like I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and so kept putting it off for one more week or one more appt. In the end, don't worry about being fair to others. Do what feels right for your heart.

@aragosta - please don't ever feel like you are complaining. You have so much on your plate and You need to vent, and that is what we are here for. (((BIG HUGS))). And hoping the new MFM visit goes well and you feel comfortable having them manage your care.

@mmsweeney1‌ - I never anticipated just how difficult the home stretch would be. I obsessively did kick counts these past few weeks and definitely broke down more than once. Sending you so many T&P that August gets here fast and your rainbow will be in your arms soon! And (((big hugs))) for you loss anniversary. These milestone during PgAL definitely benign a unique mix of emotions.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    @princezjk Congrats on your new addition! So happy you have a rainbow at home now :)

• Options
    @princezjk‌ - congratulations! So glad your LO arrived safely!

• Options
    @princezjk‌ Congrats to you!! So happy that you have your rainbow in your arms!
  • Options
    jess123456jess123456 member
    edited July 2014
    How far along? 24 weeks 1 day

Upcoming Appointments/Milestones: 24 weeks is an exciting milestone for sure. My glucose test will be next week along with a monthly check up. I think I have one more monthly after this and then it goes to every two weeks which is exciting!

Symptoms/cravings: I literally can't stop eating. I'm trying to make healthy choices but sometimes carbs sound so much more appealing. His movements are reassuring but now when I don't feel him I of course get nervous. It's always something right?

QOTW: This pregnancy thank goodness has been very physically boring and textbook so far. I've spotted in my other pregnancies including my pregnancy with my baby girl. It's for sure been the most emotional especially as I progress further and further.

What's on your mind? My family is coming to town next week and we will be purchasing the crib and other furniture. It's surreal that I am finally getting to experience that because with my daughter we unfortunately knew that we wouldn't get to due to her diagnosis and my other losses were much earlier. I'm also starting to show more which has been making me feel very vulnerable. I just hope my sweet boy is doing ok and I worry that I will be an over bearing and controlling mother because of our journey to have him. I really don't want to be that way. I guess I have a lot on my mind but I'm really just so grateful that I even get to think about these things.
  • Options
    @aragosta So many hugs to you! Like others have said there is no need to apologize because we are here for you always. You have been through so much and are facing decisions that no parent should ever have to face. You guys continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    NoetholaNoethola member
    edited July 2014
    @princezjk Congrats!!!!

@jess123456 I also worried about being extra careful with my LO because of the loss. I did feel very protective of my time with him in the beginning. I just wanted it to be our little family, so that I could drink in the moments. Everyone wanted to see/hold him, and I had trouble sharing him or letting him very far from me. It has gotten easier, but I still don't like him away from me for long periods. Not necessarily overbearing or controlling, but kinda I suppose. I do have every intention of allowing him to play in the dirt one day. ;-)
    Lilypie - (qptF)

• Options
    Noetholastefuge You are both right - and I never thought of it that way.  There is no safe time to announce, and whenever I do announce the pregnancy it won't change whatever will happen.  

mmsweeney1 prayers to you during this difficult time as you remember your little one, and also as you approach your c-section date!

princezjk Congratulations!  What wonderful news!  I will take over the check in if no one else has volunteered.  Every Friday, right?

jess123456 I worry about those same things (being overbearing, etc.).  You will be a great mother.  Prayers for you as you progress in your pregnancy!

• Options
    @ikrystal‌ - no one else has volunteered, so it would be awesome if you could take over. It is typically every Friday, but I was proud if I remembered to post anytime during the week. And if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. I plan to keep tabs on everyone and their rainbows!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    erinelerinel member

How far along are you? 7w5d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Nope, just had our first ultrasound on Friday and got to see the little heartbeat!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Nausea mostly, and I've been pretty tired, but not too bad so far. 

Yep.  With Q I felt pretty good the entire time, I was just super tired for a few weeks.  This time I am super nauseous, so maybe a girl?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I'm very happy to be pregnant again, but this PgAL is crazy!  Even though Q was born healthy (it wasn't until he was 5 weeks old that he passed away), I now know so many things that can go wrong, and I'm freaked out! 

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Options
    erinelerinel member

@princezjk‌ - congratulations! So exciting!

@Noethola‌ - thank you for posting the check in!

@aragosta ((((hugs))) I'm so sorry you have all this stress and such a difficult situation.  Don't feel bad for letting it out, you are doing a great job!

@mmsweeney1 I hope your little one flips! 

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Options
    princezjk thanks!  I'll try to do it the same time every week. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 31 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Appt next tues

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I am so tired lately and I want to eat every piece of junk food in sight.

QOTW: Do you feel like your pregnancies have been distinctly different physically? Oh yes. I was extremely extremely exhausted with emily through out the pregnancy. This baby moves a lot which is reassuring, with emily all I felt were faint taps. Like you can tell a difference in the babies already?
    I can already tell Mia is a little diva. Everytime we have an nst done she moves around like crazy and the nurses have to come in and adjust me all over again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"