September 2012 Moms
Options

What's your kid drinking out of now?

I'd like to get Sophia some new drinking cups around her birthday so I can retire her leaky ones and give the smaller ones to Julia.  What will your 2 yo be drinking out of?  I still want some sort of leak prevention for a while.  Thanks!

Re: What's your kid drinking out of now?

• Options
    We use these TT Drinking cups for DS and DD:

• Options
    We are in the process of transitioning out of the nuby straw cups, which is normally what we give him milk in.  DS chews on the straw and ruins them quickly.  We are starting to transition to regular cups.  I will continue to give water in the Playtex straw cups as he walks around the house with those. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We do zoli straw cups for milk and contigo bottles for water. We have 2 open cups and only use them when she insists. I don't plan to move to regular cups until all our kids are at least 4, we have too much carpet to deal with the spills.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We kind of have a variety we use. He has a Camelbak for water and on the go. Open cups when he insists on wanting them and only at the table. They are from Tupperware but have a removable sippy tight-seal lid. We also use the cheaper straw cups I got from Target. I want to get him a few more sippy cups that are more geared toward his age. He keeps ruining the straw ones from Target. Stinker.

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Whatever I grab from the cabinet but mainly the cheap Take and Toss sippy cups. He has been using James' cups (plastic tumbler) more and more with a straw. He mainly drinks at the table, and only in the kitchen or outside, so leak proof isn't a big deal to me.

These are the kind of cups James uses.
    Product Details

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    bosha711bosha711 member
    edited July 2014
    DD has a few different kinds: nuby click-it insulated sippers, munchkin click n lock straw cups, play text hard spout sippies & a camelbak.

We won't be moving away from straws anytime soon.

Ds has a wow cup & also the sassy grow up cup, though, if you're looking for something more like an open cup.

• Options
    Nancy either drinks out of a small real cup or a contigo water bottle.  For milk we use the nuk straw cups.  She thinks drinking out of a real cup is the greatest thing of life right now so she's been using that most likely.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Mostly Take N Toss with the sippy lid, not the straw, and Tommee Tippee Explora.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    E will only drink from an open cup now. We tried the sassy grow up cup and it was hard for me and for him. Not quite like really drinking. EIO glass cup is frustrating too. So open cup it is. Sometimes he will drink out of my Camelbak.

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Leo can drink from an open cup but I still usually give him this one if he is wanting a "real" cup.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    She has one straw Loli cup, a couple cheapie straw cups from target, a few Nuby sippies and a hard spout sippy that she likes me to take the top off of. I think we're moving towards open top cups, especially for water.
  • Options
    Open cup for milk, camelback water bottle

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Cheapie straw cups for milk, water, smoothies and juice. We have 10 of the $1.99 ones that I really like.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    L drinks out of the Camelback bottles for water and to carry everywhere and the skip hop animal straw bottles for milk. The skip hops' leak, so they don't get carried everywhere. 

She takes an open cup at the water only if she is actually sitting in her chair, if she is in a regular chair, no booster, she just spills everywhere because she is too short for the table.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I just picked up spoutless Munchkin cups because we saw them at a play date and they were pretty cool.  We haven't tried them yet on DD yet.
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i second the foggo thermos ones - great for leaving the house for a few hours, etc
    we have some of everything. a couple zoli, some cheap $6 ones from the drug store, but all with straws. she rarely wants a real cup, and i'm not forcing it any time soon.
  • Options
    FlamingemuFlamingemu member
    edited July 2014
    dimples12 said:
    I love take and toss cups especially to send in for DC. I have a SkipHop water bottle. He can do open cups if I'm not being too lazy. He actually does well. What cracks me up is that CJ now hides his cup in his play frig. I really have to watch him with milk now.
    L did this last week. I was searching high and low for that damn cup. L woke up from her nap and I asked her to find her milk cup. She opens her toy cabinet and there it was. I had to snatch it and get her new milk before she could drink it.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Nancy either drinks out of a small real cup or a contigo water bottle.  For milk we use the nuk straw cups.  She thinks drinking out of a real cup is the greatest thing of life right now so she's been using that most likely.
    This.  Regular open top small kids tumblers.  I put like 2oz in it at a time to help prevent spilling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    RivaJam said:
    Nalgene Grip N Gulp and Thermos Foggo are the current ones we are using.
    Nalgene Grip N Gulp Sports Bottle

ETA: I like the nalgene because it doesn't leak when tipped (only if shook hard) so it's safe for the car.  The thermos is nice because it's a straw and stainless steel keeps drinks really cold, but it has a hole on the top that will leak if tipped.
    YES!  Love Nalgene cups.  We do use Thermos, too, but they break so easily when thrown on the ground.  We also use Camelback & Kleen Kanteen sippy (https://www.diapers.com/p/klean-kanteen-stainless-steel-sippy-bottle-brushed-stainless-12-oz-7130?site=CA&sku=KK-001&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&utm_content={adtype}&ca_sku=KK-001&ca_gpa={adtype}&ca_kw={keyword}&CAWELAID=1406065195)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RivaJam said:
    Nalgene Grip N Gulp and Thermos Foggo are the current ones we are using.
    Nalgene Grip N Gulp Sports Bottle

ETA: I like the nalgene because it doesn't leak when tipped (only if shook hard) so it's safe for the car.  The thermos is nice because it's a straw and stainless steel keeps drinks really cold, but it has a hole on the top that will leak if tipped.
    How does you little one like these?  We got one from DS's school and he has trouble with the liquid coming out fast enough....  I like them b/c they don't leak but he gets frustrated since he's not getting much water out.

So i switched him to the contigo kids straw water bottles, which he loves.  I have always used this brand calling the adult sippy cups as they really are spill proof. :)

For milk he is still using tommy tippee sippy cups and he is learning to drink out of the open cups but with all of our white carpet (a poor choice on our part but it came with the house) I am thinking he will have a straw cup or a sippy cup for a few more years.  I was hoping to get to an Ikea as their  little cups are cute and the perfect size for little hands

my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    @RivaJam - I did try it and I i couldn't get much either.  maybe we have a defective one.... maybe i will look at it again, as it seems to be pretty nice.  it doesn't leak
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    smb+jab said:
    @RivaJam - I did try it and I i couldn't get much either.  maybe we have a defective one.... maybe i will look at it again, as it seems to be pretty nice.  it doesn't leak
    @smb+jab I read the amazon reviews on the nalgene cup, and other people complained of the liquid coming out too slowly for younger kids too.  I'd hold onto it- it might not be as big a problem in a year or so, because most of the people using them for slightly older toddlers seemed to like them better.
  • Options
    smb+jab said:
    @smb+jab I read the amazon reviews on the nalgene cup, and other people complained of the liquid coming out too slowly for younger kids too.  I'd hold onto it- it might not be as big a problem in a year or so, because most of the people using them for slightly older toddlers seemed to like them better.
    Well I am a hoarder - haha.  so we will hang on to it.  That and my son was so picky about sippy cups i know better than to toss them out so quickly.  we must have gone though about six before he found one he liked!   I have a entire cabnet of cups!
    my read shelf:

• Options
    Take N Toss and the Nuby soft spout occasionally.  I'm switching him to the straw Nuby this weekend hopefully.
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited July 2014
    smb+jab said:

I actually made the opening bigger on the plastic tab inside mine so the liquid comes out faster ;)

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"