Single Parents

Long, horrible week last week

So, last week (throughout the whole week) a bunch of my friends were posting about 4 different people that had passed away, and then one of my friend's sister was put into a medically induced coma for reasons that I just can't get into right now.

And on Friday, one of my good friends (we call him Z) was hit while he was riding his motorcycle to work. It's been a few days for me to really calm myself down about it, but Friday was just the worst thing ever.  And, I (well, we, Z works with me) work at a law firm, so we have all these connections with police and courts and yadda yadda... One of our co-workers talked to a police buddy and the guy sent us a picture of the accident.  Which was just the worst thing ever because, at that point, Z was still in surgery and we had no idea what was going on.  We saw him Saturday, and let me preface this with I don't know ANYONE who is safer about riding than Z is.  Z's only injury from the accident is he lost his left leg from the middle of his shin down, right at the point of impact where the car hit him.  He has no other cuts or bruises anywhere.  He was flung from his bike and a former eagle scout working at a jiffy lube saved his life by applying a tourniquet to his leg. Oh god, I still well up when I think about it.  He's ok, he's got a very strong spirit, he says he's going to attend his classes even if he has to be in a wheelchair to do so.  And... He'll ride again.  Which is great, but also terrifying, you know?  The car that hit him turned left into him, they misjudged where Z was on the road.

I have a lot of friends who ride. A few family members ride too.  They don't always wear their gear, which freaks me out.  For all of you who have friends who ride, please push them to wear their gear regardless of how hot it is outside.  Had the car hit the bike only, Z would've walked away unscathed.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Long, horrible week last week

• Hugs 20thirteen thats hard to go through. It sounds really hard i cant even imagine.
  • I'm so sorry! What a tough week you had. I'm glad that Z came away from the accident with his life, but that's awful that he lost his leg. 

Motorcycles are scary as fuck. When I was 18, my boyfriend and I were driving one afternoon, behind a motorcycle, and the car in front of the motorcycle stopped short and the motorcyclist slammed into the back of the car and was thrown back onto the hood of boyfriend's car. Thank goodness that kid was able to walk away...his hip and stomach were bloody when he got up but he got up and walked over to the wreckage of his bike. Seeing that, I decided I'd never, ever ride.

Well wishes for your friend who is in the coma. And healing thoughts for the families of those who passed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no-- I am sorry for all of your losses and I hope your friend that got hit is going to be OK.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Thanks everybody. Z will be fine, he had surgery yesterday to use skin from his heel to cover the injury. We're feeding DD dinner now and will be making our way to the hospital to see him shortly.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"