Pregnant after a Loss

i might cave:(

So as of now we do not know the sex of the baby and I have been fine with that until...we got our bedding from RH and I don't like it, it doesn't look silver sage it looks blue! So I'm returning it but I can't find anything neutral that I like. So today I went shopping with the girls and found the cutest stuff gender specific of course and now I'm kinda wishing I knew what it was so I could buy something! I have another ultrasound in two weeks and DH was like "let's just find out" but I feel like I held out this long what's another 10wks?? I really wanted that "It's a boy/girl!!" in the delivery room but now I just feel totally unprepared for this kid. I don't know what hell to do!

Re: i might cave:(

• I'm amazed at your willpower!  I wanted the delivery room surprise too, but just couldn't help myself but to find out.  Is the decorating the only part that's making you feel unprepared?  If that's the case, then maybe only unpack what you need to use right away and then you (or someone close to you) could return the other stuff.
  • i joke that i could have held out.  everyone who knows me though knows there wasn't a chance in hell i'd have made it without knowing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah pretty much, it's the decorating that's frustrating. Is it awful that we have NOTHING, furniture, bedding, etc until after the baby is born. The thing is I like two different looks depending on the sex, light furniture very shabby chic for a girl and dark furniture for a boy. So it's not even like I could buy furniture now and wait to buy bedding ya know I'm so torn.
  • We waited for a special occasion, ended up being my baby shower with our family back home.  That made finding out special and involved more family and friends.

Find a special occasion, or make one, like dinner with family and friends.

It worked for us, we felt like it was still special finding out and we could be as prepared as we want to be.  I don't think it'll be super fun going shopping at first with a newborn.  At least until I get things figured out.

Just what we did, hope it helps.

• Well, bedding can always be ordered last minute. Find 2 sets you like that can go with 1 wall color. That way you can paint and get all ready and then order your bedding from the hospital bed if you want. LOL.
  • Maybe you could buy bedding for a boy and a girl and then return which one you don't need after the baby comes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We didn't get dd's room fixed up because of a move (we found out with her) and with ds we didn't find out. Both times we just picked out bedding a stuff after the baby was born. That is what we will do again.

We keep the baby in our room for 6-8 weeks anyway (at least, ds was 12 weeks before we moved him) so there is plenty of time to get a room ready. I am painting the room ahead of time though. I haven't picked out a color yet but I am leaning towards sage, We will figure that out May/June probably.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"