Success after IF

XP: last minute nerves - c section vs. vbac

hi ladies - i apologize for being so absent on this board as of late. i feel like i'm doing that a lot lately - apologizing for not being available. but i'm hoping the great ladies of this board may be able to provide me with some insight or support.

i had a c-section with our twins in january 2013 due to our daughter having some complications in utero. everything went really well - my recovery was excellent, no pain meds, and overall just had a really positive experience. so i had no problem when my doctor scheduled me for a section with this singleton pregnancy (uncomplicated). as of late, i've started having some doubts about a repeat section. the thought of not being able to lift or carry my toddlers for 4-6 weeks totally stinks, and i just think of how much easier recovery could be with a vaginal birth. although to be totally honest, a vaginal birth scares the ever loving crap out of me haha. i think it's just the fear of the unknown, but i'm willing to do it (if my doctor is!) for the good of all of my children (toddlers and new baby included). anyway, wondering if anyone here has any stories of VBAC or repeat c-section with current children. i can't tell if these are last minute nerves or if i'm valid in my feelings. thanks in advance if you got through this novel!

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014

Re: XP: last minute nerves - c section vs. vbac

• I attempted a VBAC with #2. I was induced at 40w4d but I got stuck at 6cm so I ended up with a repeat Csection. I don't regret trying for a VBAC but I think I would have regretted not trying. My recovery wasn't bad. I was alone with my toddler and newborn at 10 days post partum and it was fine. I still had to lift DD in and out of her high chair and crib and bathe her. I just tried to limit my trips up and down the stairs.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I'm posting what I just posted on the c-section board. I wish I did vbac now after going through my second c-section. I only went two weeks without picking up my 2 yr old because DH travels. So it's been a longer recovery, lots of pain and the c-section itself totally freaked me out this past time. Or it could be the fact im a huge baby and didn't know until this time around? Who the heck knows. My neighbor had a vbac  and had an awesome experience and her kids at 2 years apart. 

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12398602/would-you-have-another-c-section-or-try-vbac-to-avoid-the-surgery-itself#latest

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • I will be following this thread as I am planning on doing a VBAC. They say the risk is still higher for a c-section than for a VBAC itself. I have known a few people who have done it and have had great experiences. The whole not having six weeks to recover from major surgery after having a baby is a great aspect.
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers