December 2014 Moms
Options

breech at 20 weeks

Well went for our 20 week sono and out little girl is still a girl despite my past fear that our 15 week gender reveal would be incorrect. After dehydration spell I had on Friday I've notice little miss not moving as frequently and now I know why. She is breech and facing outward towards the world. When the the wand ran over my belly to both my husband and I'm surprise there she was stating right at us yawning and rubbing her eyes. Totally melted this mommas heart. So my question is have any other mommas had this happen and when did baby correct their position if at all ?

Re: breech at 20 weeks

• Options
    During my A/S last week he started out head down and flipped around to breech halfway through.  I feel him kick all over the place and he rolls all the time.  It's like a rave in there.  I think it's too early to worry about it. 

my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yep, DS was breech and flipped.  You still have plenty of time and plenty of room in there for him to do lots of flips.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AnonnAniAnonnAni member
    edited July 2014
    With my DS he was breech till 30 something (I THINK 30 or 32 it was early 30's) weeks when its "harder" to turn though not impossible and he turned around by the 36 week (and last) appointment.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Options
    Eora3Eora3 member
    edited July 2014
    Their position doesn't mean a thing until late in the third tri. They can flip around and twist even the same week you are due. Don't let it stress you out at all.
    Congrats on getting a good view of your sweetie pie!!
  • Options
    There is still plenty of time (and room!) for lo to flip around. No need to worry yet :-) DS was breech also at my a/s last week.

With dd when I was about 35 weeks they sent me for an ultrasound because they couldn't tell for sure that she was head down. They told me that if she was breech, they would send me to the hospital and manually try to flip her at 36 weeks. Luckily she was head down.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    1) that u/s sounds incredibly adorable

2) It doesn't count as "breech" until they descend late in the 3rd trimester much closer to delivery. She has plenty of room to move around and most babies don't turn into the final position for a long time. Don't worry about it, you haven't even reached the max amount of amniotic fluid yet. Plenty of time :) 
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son was flipping and turning like a crazy man during his A/S. The tech was laughing the whole time, don't stress Mama!❤
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter was breech at the beginning of our session yesterday and by midway she flipped around, and then back to breech by the end. They have a ton of space to wiggle around and will do just so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just love the support on here thank you mommas for the feedback! Now has anyone felt kick near the bottom of their cervix and their actual bottom? Been feeling them all day and they are the strangest feeling !!!
  • Options
    they are completely weird! but reassuring at the same time that she is still in there haha FTM syndrome of if she doesnt move all the time i think she mystically disappeared
  • Options
    Same as PPs, baby has lots of time to wriggle into the correct position at the end of third tri. My son was breach until about 32 weeks (I was being induced at 37 so I was willing him to move!) my midwife told me to lie on the floor with my legs on the sofa to help him assume head down position. He finally moved! Then you get the lovely head grinding in the pelvis sensation which is the weirdest and most uncomfortable thing ever! Don't worry about it now, babies live to wriggle around in there!! X

Kieran born 21.1.10

Angel baby 1 lost 18.6.13

Angel baby 2 lost 30.10.13

• Options
    I had my a/s scan today and our LOL was moving like crazy. We actually watched him flip twice. Definitely have time.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    LO was breech during our AS too. The tech said it's not an issue at all at this point and he ending up changing positions a bazillion times just during the scan. 
  • Options
    Yep way too early to worry about it.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    Now has anyone else had an uncomfortable almost pressure like feeling when their little one is turning or moving into a different position? Right now I feel like she is diagonal with extreme pressure in my middle back with pressure eon my.lungs almost making it hard to breathe with kids in my side
  • Options
    My firstborn did not flip over until 30 weeks. The Doctors said that baby could flip around at the last minute so that's totally normal. There is nothing to worry about yet since baby is still so tiny and has plenty of room to turn over.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"