September 2013 Moms

Monday means it's time to bitch!

Air any and all grievances here!

I will start with mine-- by some bizarre chance I got strep throat! I'm SAHM this year, wasn't really around anyone or anything that was possibly infected and I managed to catch it. Saturday night I felt like I dry swallowed a pill then couldn't sleep at all because it was so painful to swallow. Sunday was basically the same and today I went to med express to spend $65 and receive amoxicillin which may give me diarrhea. SO COOL. >:P monday you can suck it.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Monday means it's time to bitch!

• That sucks :( I hate strep throat. I used to get it at least once a year. The amoxicillin always helped me. I'm sorry if it gives you diarrhea. It doesn't do that to me. Have you had a bad reaction to it before?

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @redfallon‌ I haven't taken it since I was little so I don't know, but my H had to take it last year and he had a bad reaction. I hope I'm not one of the unlucky folks to get that side effect!

• Loading the player...
  • jlp0528 said:

Air any and all grievances here!

I will start with mine-- by some bizarre chance I got strep throat! I'm SAHM this year, wasn't really around anyone or anything that was possibly infected and I managed to catch it. Saturday night I felt like I dry swallowed a pill then couldn't sleep at all because it was so painful to swallow. Sunday was basically the same and today I went to med express to spend $65 and receive amoxicillin which may give me diarrhea. SO COOL. >:P monday you can suck it.

Boo!! Strep throat sucks :( amoxicillin gave me a full body rash when I took it, never again! Hopefully you feel better soon.
    Mine: I phoned the ei office and I had miscalculated how many weeks of maternity I have left. I'm returning 2.5 weeks earlier than I had planned which changes a lot ( childcare, and weaning ) all of it is giving me a bit of anxiety...

• Aww @Meganbryn‌ that's crappy! Too bad it wasn't 2.5 weeks later than planned. I hope all works out okay!

• @jlp0528‌ That is so rough! I used to get strep throat twice a year growing up and all through high school. Once in the summer then again in the winter like clockwork. I feel for you!

My bitch is that my SO has been working about 50-60 hours a week and today was supposed to be his day off but his boss called him in. He hasn't had a day off in 9 days and every night he gets home I'm already in bed with DD. I was really excited to spend the day together, whether we sit around the house and play with DD or go out and do something, I just wanted to spend time with my family today.

• Thanks @starscream‌ ! I might take diarrhea over this horrible pain every time I swallow. I've got zero symptoms otherwise but I can't swallow without feeling like a golf balls stuck in my throat. Blah. How was Vegas btw? Who ended up havin wheezy for the weekend?

• I'm sorry you have strep @jlp0528 - I had it once when I was 17 and it hurt so bad. Hoping you feel better soon!

@meganbryn Aww :( That would give me anxiety as well. I'm sorry :( Hopefully it works out!

As for my bitch - I am moving in 9 days and I haven't done shit. I've packed one box. H is getting worried (so am I) but he thinks I have time to pack during the day, which I don't. I assembled some of our boxes while LO cried the whole time because she hated the sound of the tape, lol. I can barely keep up with my housework let alone packing a house. I guess I should be packing now but she naps twice a day for 30 min max and her last nap I did the dishes and laundry so I feel like chillin the eff out right now. I guess I should start packing when she goes to sleep. 

I am super excited to move though - we have a 1bdrm right now and room sharing with LO is nearly impossible. She wakes up when H snores or when he gets up for work. Our new apartment is a 3bdrm so DD will have her own room. Having her own room also brings on a whole bunch of anxiety and I'm worried we will have to sleep train all over again. 

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • RedDDDRedDDD member
    I just spent my weekend taking care of a toddler with hand foot mouth (2nd time he has gotten it).  he has open sores in his mouth and and down his throat and was screaming and kicking and punching basically out of frustration of dealing with the pain.  Ended up in the ER when his face and mouth swelled up.  Apparently ER dr thinks it was an unrelated anaphylactic reaction to something he ate....only thing he hate was a red popsicle.  They wouldn't give us anything for the pain because of the risks involved with giving pain meds to toddlers.  I spent all night up with him, crying with him trying to explain that mommy was so sorry he felt so terrible and that it was going to get better.  I was covered in his sweat and drool from not being able to swallow.  Tonight has to get better.....it just has to.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Awww hope tonight is better @RedDDD‌ !! That sounds awful!

• @RedDDD‌ Poor little guy! poor mama! I hope tonight is better.
  • Awwww @RedDDD I hope tonight goes better for your little guy :( 

Thanks for the idea @starscream, I'll have to try that!

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • RedDDDRedDDD member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks all....last night was still not good.  Poor guy keeps trying to suck his thumb and then realizes he cant because his mouth hurts so bad.  My husband and I are walking zombies.  I  almost felt like I shouldn't have driven to work!  Good god.  Hoping today is the day he turns the corner.  
    @dhaueisen  they sent us home because it was a very mile reaction and in the time we were there (2 hours) the swelling had been greatly reduced.  I am planning on calling the Pedi today to see if we can discuss next steps.  The kid is miserable.

Thanks all for the kind words!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @jlp0528‌ That is so rough! I used to get strep throat twice a year growing up and all through high school. Once in the summer then again in the winter like clockwork. I feel for you!

My bitch is that my SO has been working about 50-60 hours a week and today was supposed to be his day off but his boss called him in. He hasn't had a day off in 9 days and every night he gets home I'm already in bed with DD. I was really excited to spend the day together, whether we sit around the house and play with DD or go out and do something, I just wanted to spend time with my family today.

@Burrberrymum‌ that stinks! Will he be able to cut back at all once you move in with the rents? Is that still happening? Any luck with school/jobs anything? Thinking good thoughts for you!

• @jnetx said:
    We are out of town visiting my mom right now and her house is gross. It is just messy and not clean. She has lots of animals and she has a cleaning service clean downstairs once a month but not upstairs because she never goes upstairs. I want to not stay with her when we are in town because of it. She loves spending time with the baby, and I love spending time with her, plus it is free. I just don't know how to tell her that we won't be staying unless she cleans more. How do you say that to your mom without hurting her feelings or making her feel judged?
    I don't know, but I would have the same issue with my sister's house. She and her husband both smoke inside the house, they have numerous dogs and cats that stay inside the house and go outside, and it's just gross. The one time that DH went to her house with me, he didn't want to sit anywhere. I would not feel comfortable having my baby there. I wouldn't want her touching the floor or anything. I don't want to touch the floor or anything. Also, with the smoke, I don't want my baby to smell like smoke. Thankfully, this is not much of an issue since they live 4 hours away from us.

Jamie

• jlp0528 said:

@jlp0528‌ That is so rough! I used to get strep throat twice a year growing up and all through high school. Once in the summer then again in the winter like clockwork. I feel for you!

@Burrberrymum‌ that stinks! Will he be able to cut back at all once you move in with the rents? Is that still happening? Any luck with school/jobs anything? Thinking good thoughts for you!
    His hours will be decreasing come September, thank goodness! Still no luck with anything unfortunately.. As for moving in with his parents were still in the dark since his brother suddenly moved in and he's still there so we have to wait to see if he will move out by the time we move in. I almost just want to stay here alone with DD, I'm practically a single mom anyway with the amount of time he's away and when he is here he doesn't do very much to help with her or anything. Decisions, Decisions..

Thanks again for the positive thoughts, I appreciate it!! :)
  • @jnetx‌ I also have a similar issue. Last time we visited my sis DS broke out in hives 3 times. We are going back this week and I'm nervous about it but my sis had volunteered to clean extra and to quarantine her dogs. My plan is to clean a room if I think it needs it. I don't think it will hurt her feelings it would hurt her more for us to not visit. But we have allergies as an excuse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"