Ohio Babies

Looking for "Moms Group" that meets in person?

Arwen78Arwen78 member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies
I'm not new to Columbus but haven't many friends that I meet-up with. I'm just maybe looking for some people who are due around the same time as I am to hang out with once we feel like getting out, play dates and mommy baby hang out at coffee shops or so on. This is the first time in years that I'm going to not be working and I'm not the type who likes to stay indoors too much. I don't drive but use the bus to get almost anywhere I can so I'm pretty independent.

So, if you are due around Aug. 24, 2014 message me on here. We can talk online and if we connect go from there, wow this almost sounds like online dating! LOL

Re: Looking for "Moms Group" that meets in person?

• I am due a little later then you, in January of 2015, but I also have other kids (ages 10, 7, and 4 years) and always happy meeting new girlfriends. 
  • Anyone interested in getting this together? I have an 11 week old who loves to get out of the house :). Maybe we can meet and have lunch at a park or somewhere?
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, sounds good. I think just getting together to talk about motherhood is a good idea! Some people just need to get out and as moms we can't always make plans with our friends before baby. LOL
  • Next week? Thursday or Friday work for anyone?
  • Next week Friday should be fine for me
  • What part of town are you all in? I'm in southern Delaware but will be down near Bethel Friday.
  • I'm near Downtown/OSU campus area. I don't drive but I can get a bus I think it's near Carriage Place shopping area. I would have to look that up but it's a do able trip for me. =)

Actually, anything on a bus line is pretty do able for me!
  • Awesome! Would you all prefer lunch somewhere at carriage place or meet at the park just behind it?
  • We could maybe meet at the Wendy's/Tim Horton's, there is one there right? I remember there being one
  • Yep, I believe there is. Sounds good to me! Do you want to pick the time that coincides with the bus line?
  • I'll have a look at the times and let you know the top 3 closest to lunch and you can let me know which will work well for you

• OK, there is only one bus that goes all the way there. It runs every hours and the first one that I can get there before noon would get me there around 11:41-ish give or take 10-15 mins. The buses usually run late and I say around 10 minutes late on a normal day. We could meet around 12ish.
  • Perfect. Yay! Looking forward to meeting you ladies :)
  • I'm so jealous... My little one isn't here yet, but that Wendy's is right by my house!
  • Mine isn't here yet also.
  • I decided that I should post that there has been a change of plans for this Friday. I have to cancel as my Aunt wants to throw me a Baby Shower. We had been talking about throwing one but two weeks ago my Uncle unexpectedly died and I wasn't sure if she would been up to throwing one. I messaged everyone I knew was coming. We're going to try for another time, sorry! I also think that I really want to start staying close to home as it's been getting harder for me to get around and I've been having some BH contractions and I'm sure she has dropped. So, we're have to talk about meeting up in the Short North area if it's before I have her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"