Washington Babies

My best friend is having an affair.

I called crying to her tonight over something, and she ended up coming clean to me. A very good mutual friend and her are having an affair, after both their marriages have been suffering. I'm in complete shock right now .She's already been through a divorce 10 yrs ago because of another affair.

Her current husband has been a jerk and she's finally done.

There are 7 kids between them, it's going to be a long road and i'm terrified for them. I dont know what else to say.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My best friend is having an affair.

• It's so tough to deal with friends who sometimes make the wrong decisions. It's hard to be supportive, especially when you're already upset about other things. I'm sorry you have to deal with that tonight!

On another note, I wanted to say that I love your siggy pics. I think the picture of each Christmas is beautifully done and so creative. If I happen to get pregnant at a time that would allow me to do it, I totally want to re-create those pictures!

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• Oh no! I'm sorry you are alone tonight AND had to deal with this news! ((hugs))

We had a very close friend of ours get caught having an affair a fews years back. He was supposed to be in our wedding but then things got so bad that the friendship actually ended. There was a lot of drama and lying going on. They have two small children that have suffered a lot. I hope things go a lot better for your friend. 

• Loading the player...
  • Sometimes the truth is that you really do not need to say anything else. ?You can be a friend and be there if your friend needs to talk. ?But your friend was an adult and made her own decisions. ?She and her husband are responsible for their own children. ?When your friend and her husband are finally honest with each other, even though it may hurt, it may lead to the best thing for both of them. ?

?But as a friend, I can only say that I would never assume that the grass is greener on the other side. ?Yes, ?her husband may be a jerk. ?But an affair is an affair --and it is more of an indication that that person cannot be honest with their partner--and maybe there are some issues that your friend needs to work out herself before she is in a relationship with another person. ?

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • imageIrishSapphire:

Sometimes the truth is that you really do not need to say anything else.  You can be a friend and be there if your friend needs to talk.  But your friend was an adult and made her own decisions.  She and her husband are responsible for their own children.  When your friend and her husband are finally honest with each other, even though it may hurt, it may lead to the best thing for both of them.  

But as a friend, I can only say that I would never assume that the grass is greener on the other side.  Yes,  her husband may be a jerk.  But an affair is an affair --and it is more of an indication that that person cannot be honest with their partner--and maybe there are some issues that your friend needs to work out herself before she is in a relationship with another person.  

You hit the nail on the head.

I ended up talking to "the other man" last night ( who's a friend )and told him her history he didnt know about, and it changed his outlook. I hated being in this position but I love my friend so much. With 7 kids involved, you'd better be dang sure that this is what you want.

Also, I totally agree about the grass not being greener. It's an addiction to her, this affair thing, and I'm scared for her.

thanks for your thoughts

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"