Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sippy Cups

I've been EBF and I give my LO a bottle or two a day, but the wic office told me I should start my LO on a sippy cup and to try a little bit of water in it...I got a sippy cup and showed him how to use it and tried both cold water and room temp water and he wants nothing to do with it... should I put something else in the sippy cup to encourage him to use it? If so what should I try?

Re: Sippy Cups

• r0zzr0zz member
    I put water in bb girl's and she can't get enough of it. But you can try BM or formula or diluted juice
  • I have the nuby one and I do fill it the whole way up but he won't touch it and when I hand it to him he chews on the top...everyone says try juice but I don't think I'm ready to yet..I guess we will keep working on it
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys I think I'll give the straw ones a try
  • What straw cups do you all recommend? I was looking at the Lollacup but they are a little pricey. Didn't know if they were worth it. We used Playtex spout ones with DS1 and he did fine with those but he was FF. DS2 is BF so he may like a different type.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the lollacup, nuk sippy, nubby sippy and dr browns sippy. I still haven't figure out how to get my 9 mo to drink from any of them. He loves to chew on them
  • The Nuk sippy cup with the bottle style nipple that is soft has worked the best for us.  I agree on not putting juice into the sippy cup and I use room temp water as well.  Just like anything else, it will take them awhile to master a new skill! 
    Meet DH in 2008 - Engaged on 4.11.2011 - Married on 9.22.2012 - BFP on 5.10.2013 - DD born via emergency c-section on 1.23.2014 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"