August 2013 Moms

Sippy cup problems

We've been using Tommee Tippee for everything and have really liked their spill proof trainer cups for water but I'm running into a problem with milk. The milk is turning into froth when it's sucked through the spout of her spill proof drink cup. Am I putting it together wrong or is anyone else running into this problem with their sippy cups?

I'm in the process of giving her half formula and half WCM in a sippy before making the switch at 12 months.

Re: Sippy cup problems

• We just got some of the tomee tipee for milk and haven't had any issues. I really like them. Do you still have the little instruction booklet?
    **July Siggy Challenge**
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have no noticed this problem...but we haven't introduced WCM yet...

• Loading the player...
  • shivers7 said:

We just got some of the tomee tipee for milk and haven't had any issues. I really like them. Do you still have the little instruction booklet?

Have you tried sipping the milk? She takes it alright but got fussy which is what prompted me to try it myself with just plain milk. I was curious because of the sound the air intake makes, kind of bubbly.

According to the instructions, I have all of the parts put together properly. Everything is pushed through just fine. I'm going to try a different brand today.

• Just tried it and it was fine, no bubbling. Hopefully another brand works better for you :)
    **July Siggy Challenge**
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just started the nuk brand throw away sippy cups.anything with a straw b spits out on himself
  • Bought a Nuby brand and it dripped from the threading. Ugh!

I just switched around some parts from our old sippy cups and the new Tommee Tippee works just fine. Maybe it was a loose part, IDK. These damn things are so finicky! I might just skip to the straw version too @msspeedymarie. Thanks ladies!
  • I had the same problem with nuby, switched to the nuk training cups and a munchkin brand training cup before what weve got now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"