Third-Party Reproduction

Tell me the truth

What is an endometrial biopsy like?  I'm just slightly more than TERRIFIED!

Second question, my lining today, CD 15 was at 7mm and I'm on 2mg of Estrace vaginally three times a day and 5 units of Lupron once a day.  I didn't get to talk to Nan today, it was another RN that called me back.  My trial transfer and biopsy isn't until 7/27 and I'm worried that if I stop the Lupron and start the other meds tonight that I won't have enough Progesterone to get me through.  Plus if I take the Medrol and Cipro now, it will be too far away from the 27th.  What do you ladies think?  Should I do another Lupron tonight and talk to Nan tomorrow before switching to the second phase of the mock cycle??
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Tell me the truth

• I have never had an endometrial biopsy, but from what I hear they are painful but quick. You may want to take Ibuprofen an hour before the procedure. As far as stopping the Lupron and starting the second phase meds, I'd talk to my nurse first. Good luck!!
    TTC since March 2012
    Dx: Unexplained IF, Arcuate Uterus, Minimal Endometriosis, Poor Embryo Quality
    Tx History: 1 Injects+TI, 5 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 FET = all BFN and full of heartbreak
    Plan: Waiting to see if our potential donor is a match for DE IVF #1

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
  • Km672Km672 member
    Hey lady,
    I've had 3... 1 wasn't bad at all, 1 was bad because it was a freaking student who didn't know what the hell he was doing and my last one really sucked... I think that the last time a lot of the pain was getting the catheter in though, because they had to do it 2x (after the catheter was in) and the 2nd sample wasn't bad at all.

Ask them to tell you exactly when they are going to do the biopsy and COUGH as hard as you can!!! I don't know why, but it hurts a lot less if you can cough while they do it.

Best of luck... I took 800 Motrin and some Valium. It IS very quick

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Loading the player...
  • Km672Km672 member
    Ps- what are they testing for??

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• I was suppose to have one but I was freaking myself out and having anxiety so bad I decided against it. I'm such a baby. Thankfully the assisted hatching did the trick. Good luck!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Thanks ladies.  They are doing an endometrial function test to determine if my ute is receptive to implantation since it's been exposed to radiation.
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!

• cc+mmcc+mm member
    Mine was a surprise, my gyn oncologist told me he was doing a pap and did a biopsy. Needless to say he is no longer my dr. It definitely hurt more than a pap, but was over quickly. I had no meds before and took a does of ibuprofen when I got home.
    8/2011: Diagnosed with ovarian cancer, ovaries and tubes removed

12/2011: Finished chemo

5/2013: Cleared for DE IVF

11/13: DEgg IVF#1

8/5/14: Grace was born!

• Km672Km672 member
    cc+mm said:
    Mine was a surprise, my gyn oncologist told me he was doing a pap and did a biopsy. Needless to say he is no longer my dr. It definitely hurt more than a pap, but was over quickly. I had no meds before and took a does of ibuprofen when I got home.
    Wtf??!! What a bastard!!

• cc+mm said:
    Um, he did a biopsy without a signed consent from you?  That's a giant No-No.  

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • All I'm saying is they better sedate me!  Thanks for all the input ladies :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"