December 2012 Moms

Mine!

LO grabs everything and says, "Mine!"  I realize it's a stage, but is there some way we should be handling it or responding to it?  It's somewhat obnoxious. :( When do they grow out of this?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mine!

• I love my daughter to death, but I feel like 50% of what she does is completely obnoxious.  My guess is they grow out of it when they grow out of toddler-hood.  If DD grabs something that isn't hers and says "mine!" I just tell her "that belongs to ***, not you."

On a larger scale, she is learning that adding 's to something assigns it to you.  So before we walk she'll say "mama's shoes!" and go get them for me.  When DH and her were at Target yesterday, she was all "Madelyn's store."  Because she knows her name is Madelyn, and she knows it's a store.  I feel like it's a step up from "mine!" - but she's just assigning her name to everything... 

Kids :)
  • jac409jac409 member
    Mine does this too and I handle it the same as PP. I just tell her no, that belongs to Mommy or Daddy or whoever. Sometimes she picks up her own stuff and says "mine!", and I tell her yes, that is yours. You can have that. I don't know what else you can really do, but I am sure it is just a stage they will grow out of eventually.
  • Loading the player...
  • Morgan just started "mine" and EVERYTHING is hers!  Yesterday she tried to grab my coffee cup and when I took it away she kept yelling "mine, mine" and threw a trantrum!  I hope they grow out of it soon, it's exhausting :)

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• This is my life. My friends and family are starting to call Killian the Seagull... like the seagulls from Finding Nemo. Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine. Everything is Mine (including his blankie, named Mine, which makes it all the more confusing). He is very possessive of everything, even throws a fit when I change his diaper. Screaming, kicking, yelling "My diaper, my diaper, no, no, no, my diaper!" Like its a freakin' solid gold poop in there.
    I hope to heavens its a stage because DH is starting to lose his patience and say our kid is a spoiled brat. I don't think I'm raising a spoiled brat but I start to worry when he does stuff like this.
    image image image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • She has been saying things like mommy's shoes and daddy's shoes for awhile but just started to say mine the last couple of days. I was showing her pictures of animals from the zoo Facebook page and she grabbed it and said mine. I told her it was not hers it was mommy's but if she asks nicely she can play with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"