January 2014 Moms

Baby won't nap in crib

Patrick falls asleep nursing but only sleeps in my lap. If I put him in his crib, he immediately wakes up.

Anyone else had this and found a solution? Do I just keep trying til it works? Usually I just let him nap on me to avoid him waking right away and skipping the nap altogether.

It's getting old.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

Re: Baby won't nap in crib

• We had a similar problem. He sleeps all night in his crib but would only nap in his RnP.

My solution was trying one nap a day, and I put him to sleep in his belly for naps . He rolls on his belly at night anyway.
    Also, we use white noise for naps. It helps a ton!

Now he takes two 2 hr naps a day in his crib!
    imageimage
    Cooper & Melody.     My Rescues <3

• ^same.
    I would try every time for his morning nap, and then let him sleep in his usual way (at the time it was in his swing) for the afternoon. That way he could still recover and not be overtired.
    I also found it helped to swaddle him one arm out (even though he sleeps swaddle-free at night) because it made him feel like he was still being held after I see him down. Now he takes good long naps in his crib, but the transition took a couple of (frustrating) weeks. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • km_mdkm_md member
    DD was like that. Good sleeper at night but terrible napper. She still isn't the best napper but we've made tons of progress. I just kept trying to put her down in the crib every day. If she cried I would try to soothe her and put her back down. Sometimes I'd do it a few times and she wouldn't actually sleep but I just kept trying. I did a similar routine every day and she eventually caught on and is much better now.

• Same here. But others have better luck like my mil, sometimes. I just let her nap on me. This morning she slept on me for 2 hours. I know I don't try hard enough. I figure it will be a quick nap then it has been an hour so I figure she will for sure wake up soon so I wait then it is an hour and a half so I know now she will be up soon then it is is two hours. Usually when I put her down, she wakes right up and is wide awake. Dh tried putting her down for nap while I was tutoring tonight and she was awake immediately. Just need to do what others said and just keep trying but I do love the snuggles. I'm back to work in 3 weeks and sure daycare will do a better job getting her nap in the crib.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the same problem. If LO falls asleep nursing I'll put her in the crib but she wakes almost immediately and then just rolls around and talks. If she doesn't fall asleep nursing and I try to put her in the crib she just rolls around and talks. For hours. No matter how tired she gets she will not nap in there even though she has been sleeping in there at night from day one.

I'm no help. I put her in the ergo and go about my day. She falls asleep within minutes and will nap for up to 2.5 hours in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"