Baby Showers
Options

Inviting Everybody You Have Ever Known, Lol

I asked FTB if MTB had a few very close friends who should be invited to the shower and he provided me with a list of 27 people!  I think it included every woman she had ever spent time with, lol!  I told him that our venue couldn't accommodate all of the family guests plus the people on the list and that by a few I meant maybe 3-4.  Originally I asked him also to use his discretion as many of her friends have already been invited to a shower that her side of the family is holding.  He replied that none of those on the list were her close friends but hadn't been invited to a shower yet - more to the point, acquaintances, friends of friends and some co-workers.  And he also said he couldn't narrow it down as he didn't really know many of them (???)  My question:  Why on earth would you then expect these people to buy you gifts?  I told him if he wasn't able to pick a few we would probably just have to skip it.  He said he would talk to her sister who is hosting the other shower and see if she can have them at that one.  I guess it will be her problem then, poor girl.  Nothing should surprise me anymore, but really, where do you draw the freaking line???  I don't know if MTB had a hand in creating the list - silly, but traditionally family showers are kept kind of hush-hush - Mom always knows the date but the particulars are always a surprise.

Re: Inviting Everybody You Have Ever Known, Lol

• Options

Thanks! I have already handed this back to him.  There has been so much aggravation just getting this planning off the ground, I nipped this in the bud fast!   I'm willing to bet her sister has already invited her best friends and will likely tell him the same thing about this list.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't mean to one-up you but I am co-hosting a baby shower with one SIL for my other SIL (they are sisters).  I was under the impression that we were just inviting family members and we asked the MTB if she had a couple close friends she would also want there.  I was then left out of the loop and my co-host informed me she sent out 100 ! invitations.  I was mad and questioned her saying that was an outrageous number, she thought so too but didn't have the guts to push-back and ask her sister (the MTB) to trim the list.  I told her she should have alerted me as I didn't sign on to host a 100 person shower.  She said she doubts most people will even show up since she didn't recognize most people on the list and the MTB usually complains that she has no close friends.  It is in 3 weeks so we will see how many people come.
    I'm glad you felt okay pushing back and are only hosting the size you feel comfortable with.
  • Options

Don't mean to one-up you but I am co-hosting a baby shower with one SIL for my other SIL (they are sisters).  I was under the impression that we were just inviting family members and we asked the MTB if she had a couple close friends she would also want there.  I was then left out of the loop and my co-host informed me she sent out 100 ! invitations.  I was mad and questioned her saying that was an outrageous number, she thought so too but didn't have the guts to push-back and ask her sister (the MTB) to trim the list.  I told her she should have alerted me as I didn't sign on to host a 100 person shower.  She said she doubts most people will even show up since she didn't recognize most people on the list and the MTB usually complains that she has no close friends.  It is in 3 weeks so we will see how many people come.

I'm glad you felt okay pushing back and are only hosting the size you feel comfortable with.
    Holy cow... That's insane. I hope that you have a venue that'll support at least a fraction of that?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    No close friends and she invited 100 people?
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have no words!!!  I would have totally lost my mind if my cohost went ahead and did that!  I wish you all the luck in the world!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"