August 2012 Moms

I am crazy. Update.

KEfam5KEfam5 member
edited July 2014 in August 2012 Moms
In 1.5 weeks I leave for a 17 hour road trip with my almost two year old and my 6.5 month old BY MYSELF. DH has to work unfortunately so won't be joining us. I am a fairly confident person so mostly I'm just like, "Yeah! Let's do this!" But somewhere in the back of my head, the sane person that I buried there is saying, "WTH are you thinking?!?" Every time my sane person starts talking I silently tick off the things I plan to do to make the drive as comfortable as possible. Movies? Check. Tons of snacks? Check. Brand new comfy car seats for both of them? Check. Toys? Check. Sippy cup, blankets, and coloring book? Check, check, and check. *Note to self, DO NOT leave crayons in carseat under any circumstances unless you want melted Crayola everywhere*
Have you done anything crazy lately? Any off the wall suggestions I may not have thought of?

**UPDATE**
So my husband is driving there with me then flying home right before he has to be back at work. Okay, that's fine; we haven't had much time together recently. Then MIL calls yesterday. Guess what she wants. Oh, you guessed it. She wants to drive back with me. Shoot me now. I am really trying to have a good attitude about this. But I was actually really looking forward to doing this by myself and now I get to do no part of it by myself :( Plus...MIL
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I am crazy. Update.

• Girl. You are CRAY. good luck. I will think many positive thoughts for you!
  • Yep, my kids are the same ages as yours, and I think you're crazy :). But I am SO not a long car ride person. I'd prefer to schlep everything through an airport any day. The longest car ride DD has ever been on is 2.5 hours. Good luck!
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • KEfam5KEfam5 member
    @sdlaura I am the opposite. Doing everything through an airport by myself with two kids seems infinitely harder and more stressful than driving.

• SJandVASJandVA member
    edited July 2014
    My kids are different ages but I did a trip by myself in the spring. We are 11hours from Jacksonville it took us 15 1/2 hours straight through. But my oldest is 6 and was a pretty good helper. A plus is that both are still in diapers, I'm assuming. You won't have any urgent yelling about how they have to "poop NOWWW" 

Like @annieluvsjordan‌ said make sure you have your stuff packed for the hotel, if you're stopping. You'll want to get to your room as easy as possible and not have to leave it again for something forgotten in the car. Bring snacks for yourself too. Remember you're kind of trapped in the room once they fall asleep. 

You've totally got this!
    victoria5month samantha5
  • KEfam5KEfam5 member
    Yes! Thanks for the reminder of the overnight bag. And thank the Lord for the double stroller so I can get them in and out of places!

• Oh wow, good luck!!!! Let us know how it all goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"