Indiana Babies

New Year Poll!

1.  What are you doing for NYE?

2.  Do you have a traditional food you eat on New Year's Day?

3.  What are your resolutions for 2009?

Re: New Year Poll!

• 1.  We are going to 2 parties at friends houses.  My mom is watching Ellie, so I'm really excited for a late night out!  Usually when she watches her, we try to come home at a reasonable hour.  lol.

2.  I've always had ham and beans with cornbread on New Year's Day.  I'm looking forward to making it!  I put ketchup in my beans, which may be a little weird, but it is so good.

3.  The good ole' loose weight.  lol.  I've lost about all the baby weight, but my body is just so different, I can't stand it.  I've made some small changes the past few weeks and can already tell a difference.  Now I just need to step it up and get on the ball!  I'm also putting DH and I on a very strict budget.  We've been spending too much money lately and it need to be controlled. 

• 1) We have the same group of friends over every year. Our NYE usually includes playing video games (Guitar Hero for the past couple of years), board games, and watching the ball drop.

2) Nope. The group usually does pizza. Not sure what I'll do this year. :-(

3) Continue to be a healthy pregnant lady, have a healthy delivery, and be a fantastic momma!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Our friends are having a party we'll be going to. I'll be trying to keep our little secret a secret for a little while. Since I've never been a big drinker, I'm not too concerned about that giving things away, but we'll see.

2. No traditional foods here.

3. I started a 101 in 1001 a few weeks ago, so I'll be working on that. But at this point I'm just looking for a beautiful baby! ;)

• 1.  What are you doing for NYE?

We are going to my SIL's...I think just for drinks, Wii and Rock Band. I love my SIL so it should be fun. Although being woken up super early by my nephews I'm not really looking forward to.

No, but we were invited for corned beef and cabbage by our neighbours

- To do more with my time, like actually reading the books I got out of the library and getting up to date with things going on in my field so when I am allowed to work I won't be left behind.

- Maybe to try and *** about my MIL less? Lol.

• 1. We're going to the Red Room in BR with a group of friends -- 12 of us.  Good enough size that we'll have a blast no matter what the rest of the crowd is like.

2. No, although the last few years it's probably been mac & cheese, the magical hangover cure.  ;)

3. I don't make resolutions really, but I plan to continue the healthier kick that I've been on, and maintain (or add to!) my 2008 weight loss.

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • 1. We're have a quiet but nice NYE at home with Evelyn this year.  We're getting sushi take out and watching a couple of movies until we watch the ball drop. 

2. Corned beef and cabbage.  Yummy!

3. I want to get in better shape.  Like Mel I've lost the baby weight but my body sure isn't the same as before.  I want to start going to Pilates again regularly!  I also want to be more organized.  Being a new mom threw off my home organization system :)  It's worth it though!!

• 1. We're have a quiet but nice NYE at home with Evelyn this year.  We're getting sushi take out and watching a couple of movies until we watch the ball drop. 

2. Corned beef and cabbage.  Yummy!

3. I want to get in better shape.  Like Mel I've lost the baby weight but my body sure isn't the same as before.  I want to start going to Pilates again regularly!  I also want to be more organized.  Being a new mom threw off my home organization system :)  It's worth it though!!

• imagemarkeysgirl:

1. Our friends are having a party we'll be going to. I'll be trying to keep our little secret a secret for a little while. Since I've never been a big drinker, I'm not too concerned about that giving things away, but we'll see.

2. No traditional foods here.

3. I started a 101 in 1001 a few weeks ago, so I'll be working on that. But at this point I'm just looking for a beautiful baby! ;)

marksysgirl:

a. Congrats!!!

b.  If you keep Coke or Sprite in your cup all night, and put a lime wedge in it -- people will assume it's a mixed drink and you won't have to deal with questions!  ;)  Also, a sip of champagne at midnight won't hurt ya (of course).

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • 1.  What are you doing for NYE? Going to a friend's house for dinner and games.  Should just be 4 or 6 of us.

2.  Do you have a traditional food you eat on New Year's Day? Nope.  This year we're making steak and chocolate fondue

3.  What are your resolutions for 2009? I don't really have many... I have some goals but they mostly revolve around finances.  So much will be changing w/ the baby I don't really want to bother w/ resolutions.

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • 1. We're going to be lame this year. We're staying at home and watching movies and eating snacks.

2. nope

3. GET PREGNANT  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. We are going to a friends house in Franklin for cards and drinking.

2. ?Nope. ?I can't stand saurkraut (sp) so I don't make it, or eat it if we're some place that has it.

3. ?Get organized, lose weight, I keep telling myself that I'm giving up colas for the last three years. ?While I've cut back I can't cut it out. ?I usually do good for a week or two then some place will have it on a mega sale and we stock up.?

• 1.  probably nothing...just lay on the couch with DH and play games

2.  no, New Years has never been much of anything for me

3.  I hadn't really thought about it and don't make resolutions, but I suppose I'd really hope for 2009 to be our year where we can not only get on our feet but stay on them.

• 1. We are gong to have a fancy dinner but be home and in PJs before the hard partying starts.  I can barely stay awake until 9pm so there is no way that I will make it until midnight. Shawn has instructions to wake me up when the ball drops.

2. Nope; neither of us ever did when we were growing up and thus far we haven't started any traditions.  Maybe we should this year.

3.  My #1 goal is to do everything I can to have a healthy pregnancy but I have a few specific financial and environmental ones.  Financial: get the baby fund up to where we want it, pay off my car, increase e-fund by about 3K  Environmental: cloth diaper, grow a small garden, keep making small changes around the house to make it greener, healthier for the baby

• 1.  What are you doing for NYE?

We are going out with some friends for supper than coming home and playing games. This year I want to be home with Gracie for the New Year.

None here.

To eat healthier and budget our money more. Also to really start a schedule on cleaning, laundry etc. I've been slacking.

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. We are having our annual party. We have had it for 5 years now.

2. Not really, just apps and pizza.

3. Pretty much have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.

• 1.  Nothing.  Mike and I (and Ben, I think) have colds, so we're not going anywhere and will likely be in bed before midnight.  Yeah, we're exciting.

2.  Nope.

3.  I don't ever make them.  It's just not my thing. :)

And yes, I realize just how boring my responses are.

• 1. We are going to see our friends play tonight at Fionn McCools

2. Growing up we always had shrimp, cheese and crackers along with other food. Now, nope we just eat wherever we are at.

3. I have a few. My first one is to eat a fruit with lunch and dinner and when that becomes a habit then I will add a veggie to both. Along with trying to lose some weight.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • 1. Going to a friends house for Wii, board games, and food and lots of drinks since I can now drink.

2. My mom always made Cornbeef and cabbage and the last few years I do that for DH and I.

3. Have a baby hopefully. But I don't know if we will be able to in 2009. Plus I just found out my RE is retiring:< and I am super sad. I am super sad anyway, but that just sucks, he is closing at the end of April and I am not sure if we will be able to get a cycle in before then. :<

• 1) going to dinner and then to a friends house

2) cabbage at my DH's grandparents

3) eatting healthier and just being healthier in general. I eat like crap and I'm positive that won't completely change but i just want to be eatting better.
    I'd also like to save more and pay off my car as well as put more money towards student loans.

• 1.  Going to the guy I'm dating's house to have dinner and hang out.  I'm hoping to coerce him into a game of monopoly...I'm in the mood to play.  But, I'm glad I have someone to kiss at midnight!

2.  Nope. 

3.  Lots of house things: hanging shelves, touching up paint, redoing my little garden spot.  I also want to start an herb garden and grow peppers along with my tomoatoes.  And, submitting one of my pics to the Kentucky State Fair.  I'm hoping to get some really good ones this spring again. 

• 1.  What are you doing for NYE? Staying home and watching movies.  I don't know if I'll make it to midnight.  DH and I are sick.  Sad

2.  Do you have a traditional food you eat on New Year's Day? If I'm at my parents, we usually have tacos and enchiladas. Other than that, nope.

3.  What are your resolutions for 2009? Pay off debt...Maybe try to get pregnant. 

• 1.  What are you doing for NYE?  Nothing too exciting.  Elliott is sick (must have the stomach bug that is going around) and has been vomiting (not too much).  Jack's got a gig (a quickie in one of the antique cars).  I'm going to make dinner and we'll probably just chill.

2.  Do you have a traditional food you eat on New Year's Day?  We've gone to my parents the past couple of years for corned beef and cabbage, but my mom recently had back surgery, so I don't think she'll be making it this year. 

3.  What are your resolutions for 2009?  Be healthier overall (exercise, maintaining a healthy weight).  Be more organized and clean out clutter.  I'm quite a packrat and need to be more vigilant of getting rid of/donating things I don't need/use anymore.

BTW, ELLIE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU!  ADORABLE!

Sara ;)

Proud Mommy to Elliott 7.24.07 & Oliver 9.1.09 Our Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 1.  What are you doing for NYE? Nothing. Melia and DH were both in bed before 11pm, I am sitting here waiting for the ball to drop so I can pump and go to bed.

2.  Do you have a traditional food you eat on New Year's Day? No, just whatever we want for dinner.

3.  What are your resolutions for 2009? I want to get into better shape, since "round" isn't really that becoming on me, and get a better hold on our finances.

• 1. Visiting Andrew in NICU, checking email/knot for the 1st time in a long time

2. My grandma makes a whole feast of foods that are traditional to my dad's side of the family (they are from yugoslavia)...we won't be there this year but I'm sure they will deliver some food to us.

3. Be a good mom and stay healthy

• 1. This year we just had BFF over, stayed up long enough to watch the ball drop, and went to bed by 12:30.

2. Not traditional yet, though DH has made a hot breakfast the last few years- sausage links, eggs, biscuits if we have them, toast if no biscuits.

3. No new resolutions persay.  My goals are to get into nursing school, give 100% at work and at home, and be the best wife and mom I can be.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"