December 2013 Moms
Options

Sugar, and spice and everything nice

Building on the earlier thread about salt: what, if any, spices have you started adding to your LO's food? I see recommendations to start if you want at 7-8 months. My friend suggested cinnamon to get LO to eat fruits (she just isn't into them like veggies). I am open to it, but don't want to introduce these too early. Thoughts?

Re: Sugar, and spice and everything nice

• Options
    LO HATES fruit and just this week I put cinnamon in apples and pears and he loved it! That is all I have tried though!
  • Options
    KelamzKelamz member
    That is encouraging!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've done cinnamon in his oatmeal for a few weeks now and he eats the same seasoned chicken we eat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I have added cinnamon and even a little nutmeg to sweet foods like sweet potato, oatmeal, apples, etc. I just added basil to puréed zucchini and he liked that too.
  • Options
    Kahlan was trying to grab my extremely spicy Korean food the other night, I decided to hold back on that.
  • Options
    HncampHncamp member
    Kelamz said:

Building on the earlier thread about salt: what, if any, spices have you started adding to your LO's food? I see recommendations to start if you want at 7-8 months. My friend suggested cinnamon to get LO to eat fruits (she just isn't into them like veggies). I am open to it, but don't want to introduce these too early. Thoughts?

I have added cinnamon to our oatmeal and fruit mixes in the ams without trouble. That's all we have tried.
  • Options
    We use Sprout babyfood and it's got spices in it, so from the beginning of him eating food, he's had things like cinnamon, cream, onions, etc. We started with the single veggies, but their combos all have spices and other flavorful ingredients added. I just finished making a batch of roasted sweet potato, ground pork and brown rice. I sautéed the pork with a bit of onion, roasted the sweet potato with olive oil, cinnamon and garlic powder and then blended it together with a little chicken stock.
  • Options
    Wow! You guys are inspiring me to get more creative! Do you have a good source for recipes? I have a couple of books but they all have pretty boring recipes for 6 and 7 months. The most exciting that they get is combining two foods (e.g. - apple and oatmeal together ... didn't need a book to come up with that one!)
  • Options
    I mostly just make up things that sound good to me and then baby proof is...such as using ground pork instead of like a pork chop. ;) Look at Sprout's website, they have some great combos.
  • Options
    KelamzKelamz member
    Great feedback and ideas! Thanks! I have her some cinnamon on her pears. She gobbled them up!
  • Options
    Just stopping by to tell @loolaide I love your siggy picture. I have no idea what it's about but I dun care.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"