Success after IF
Options

Please rec your diaper bag!

Sorry; I know this is asked often, but I *thought* I liked my diaper bag.  It turns out I hate it.  It is huge -- just a big tote, really -- and has NO compartments.  I love that it holds a lot, but I hate that I can't find anything.  Here's what I'm looking for:

- Holds quite a bit

- Has lots of (useful!) compartments

- Not baby-ish (e.g., isn't obviously a diaper bag)

- Costs less than $100 (unless I can get a new one on e-bay for less than $100)

TIA!

My Favorite Books image
Books read in 2012: 58!

Re: Please rec your diaper bag!

• Options

This won't help much but I found the bag that I loooooove (and have carried for over a year now) at DSW shoe warehouse.

It's not a diaper bag.

3 inside compartments - middle one zips but the outside of the whole bag is magnetic clasp for quick and easy access (I HATED messenger style or zipper close - I need to get my hands in that bad boy QUICK!

2 outside compartments that fit lipstick, wallet, keys, and cell phone perfectly.

Try looking at regular bags.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options

I got the skip hop studio bag for christmas.  When I opened it, everyone ooed and awed and DH called it a MILF's bag- LOL!  I really like it, but no baby yet, so can't comment on that.  There is one 5-star review on diaperbags.com 

It is sold at buy buy baby or through bedbathandbeyond.com for $89, and I am told you can take your invoice to the store and use 20% off coupons.  However bbb.com is out of the black and chocolate.

• Designed for over-the-shoulder or stroller hanging
    • Zippered pouch lined with Agion antimicrobial fabric
    • Snap down outer pocket perfect for stashing blankets
    • 2 exterior, insulated bottle pockets; 1 on each end
    • Includes a quilted cushioned changing pad
    • Crafted of PVC-free, eco-friendly materials
    • 14 pockets; main pocket handles most laptops
    • Contrasting lining makes it easy to see inside
    • Water-resistant inside and out
    • Nickel feet protects bottom of bag
    • Measures 17W x 6D x 12H inches

https://www.diaperbags.com/designer-brands/skip-hop-diaper-bags/skiphopstudiodiapertoteinchocolate.cfm

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I like my big open bag so I'm not much help but TJ Maxx has a lot of great bags (reg. and diaper). Most of their diaper bags don't look like diaper bags and they have some cool large purses too. Good Luck!

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I bought a JJ Cole diaper pod in BRU (https://tinyurl.com/9t4bpz) , a small bottle bag, that holds 2 bottles, a big wallet to hold my stuff and put it all in my big purse.  There's a small zipper compartment that holds my small stuff..chapstick, keys and phone.  I have two babies and this is perfect for me.  If we take longer trips (like all day) I bring the bigger diaper bag. 
    twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Options
    I got a black Columbia bag from BRU and it's really sporty and cool. Although.. i am about to trade up to something bigger. It's to small for what I need but would be perfect for a one baby family!
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone!  Trinny -- I LOVE that bag.
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options
    I'm a little late...but I LOVE my PBK Ultimate Diaper Bag.  It's wonderful...or was when he was a little thing like Ava.  It has perfect compartments and room for everything...or it did for me anyway.  I got a tote b/c it was on sale and super cute and HATED it.  It's now our travel/trip bag...we carry his clothes and bathing stuff in it now.  Now that Miles needs lots of toys and jar baby food and all that jazz we use the SkipHop Diaper Duo. I got one on sale at TJ Maxx for $12!  It's great now that he's bigger.  It has tons of compartments too...it's just perfect for sitter transport too.  :-)  Hope that helps!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Skip Hop Duo - love it ! Has a parent compartment for all my stuff so I dont have to carry a purse . They also have the double duo specifically for twins ! MIne was 40 and the double is 89 I think . GL

Stef

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"