New Jersey Babies

Jersey City Moms to Be?

Hi - I was wondering if anyone on this board lives in Jersey City. I recently moved here and have no friends with children in the area. I'm a first time mom and would love to connect with someone or someones nearby.

Re: Jersey City Moms to Be?

• I have also recently moved to Jersey City and am pregnant with my first child.  I am due August 8th.  When is your due date??
    TTC since 5/2011 4/2012 - Monitored Clomid Cycle #1 - BFN 5/2012 - Clomid Cycle #2, IUI #1 - BFN 6/2012 - Clomid Cycle #3, IUI #2 - BFN Moved to another state, new RE 11/2012 - Injectables and IUI #3 - 11/27/12 - BFP!!!!
  • November 21. It's nice to meet you! It will be nice not to navigate this alone. I moved to Downtown JC in May, but most of my friends are still in Manhattan (I have a few in hoboken) and none of my friends are mothers. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in downtown JC as well - FTM, my son is now 5 weeks. I've been looking into mom groups in the area.
  • imagetremolor:
    I live in downtown JC as well - FTM, my son is now 5 weeks. I've been looking into mom groups in the area.

I know there is a Jersey City Moms group on Meetup. I have heard its very well organized, but it can also be cliquey too. I am not a member, so I cannot speak from first hand experience. 

• Three little birds on Erie has a free weekly meetup for moms. I went last week, it was nice. The other moms there are all part of jcmoms and recommended it. 
  • Thanks for the info. Also, I stopped by Three Little Birds yesterday and they have the cutest classes. Break dancing and Super Hero classes? So cute.
  • Check out the jersey city moms meetup. Awesome reviews.
  • Has anyone tried the prenatal yoga classes at Three Little Birds? Any thoughts? :)
  • Hi,

I also in JC Downtown and moved here from Manhattan in October. I have a 20 months old daughter and my due date is May 19th. So far I don't really know any other pregnant moms here and it would be nice to get to know some others.

:)

• imageStanzerl:

Hi,

I also in JC Downtown and moved here from Manhattan in October. I have a 20 months old daughter and my due date is May 19th. So far I don't really know any other pregnant moms here and it would be nice to get to know some others.

:)

Feel free to message me. We must live close to each other. I moved from Brooklyn last May. I'm a FTM and not due until Nov, but am definitely looking to meet people in the neighborhood :)
  • I'm in JC Heights and expecting in October!
  • Hi, 

I moved to Downtown Jersey City a year ago and just found out I?m expecting in Feb 2014.  It would be nice to know someone in the neighborhood who is expecting as well.  This is my first child.   Please message me if you would like to meet up.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • nomar610nomar610 member
    edited August 2013
    Hi, 
    I currently live in Jersey City.  I moved here two year ago and still don't know anyone.  I am currently due in 2014.  I am looking for a GOOD or a recommendation OBGYN or a Midwife in Jersey City/Hoboken area.  If anyone could recommend some on please reply to this message thank you so much!  

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I see Natasha Chinn in Hoboken. They have really good hours and I really like the practice.
    nonna4 said:
    Hi, 
    I currently live in Jersey City.  I moved here two year ago and still don't know anyone.  I am currently due in 2014.  I am looking for a GOOD or a recommendation OBGYN or a Midwife in Jersey City/Hoboken area.  If anyone could recommend some on please reply to this message thank you so much!  

• Hi I'm a Bayonne mom to be!  My regular GYN doesn't deliver anymore so I'm being transferred to Dr. Brescia in Hoboken. He is part of a large practice that also has an office in Bayonne.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hiiiii JC moms to be. I live by Journal Square and just found out im due April 2014. Nice to meet you. Would love to hear what local services you are using.

• Hi I'm a Bayonne mom to be!  My regular GYN doesn't deliver anymore so I'm being transferred to Dr. Brescia in Hoboken. He is part of a large practice that also has an office in Bayonne.
    Hello I live in DTJC and i'm Due Feb.  I'm seeing a midwife in JCMC, which i'm really happy with so far.  

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi! I am also an expecting mom living in downtown Jersey City (Liberty Harbor) - we are expecting a baby girl on Thanksgiving. I would also love to meet other new or expecting moms in the area...have you all connected yet since this was first posted? If so, let me know or message me and I would like to join in. Looking forward to meeting some other moms or soon-to-be moms nearby!

• Claud6 said:
    Has anyone tried the prenatal yoga classes at Three Little Birds? Any thoughts? :)
    I was thinking about going? did you hear anything good?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi! We moved to Downtown JC last year from Manhattan, and we are expecting our first in February 2014. It;s great to connect with other moms-to-be!
  • Hi,I also live in downtown JC and expecting in Feb, 2014. It would be great to connect with you, feel free to email me hodanguled@yahoo.com
  • I'd love to connect with other JC ladies. I am expecting our first child in mid April 2014 and we are moving to JC (near Exchange Place) on Sept. 26th. 
    Feel free to email me: ashleybussen@yahoo.com 
  • Hi all!  I'm also in Jersey City, have been here for about a year but don't really know any moms in the area.  We're expecting a boy in February 2014.  Have any of you ended up connecting so far?  Would love to join in.  Feel free to message me :)

Looking towards the future ... is anyone planning to use / looking at day cares?  A couple of my friends were scaring me about wait lists so we just looked at a couple today.  There are a lot of local ones!

• ellie2205 said:

Hi all!  I'm also in Jersey City, have been here for about a year but don't really know any moms in the area.  We're expecting a boy in February 2014.  Have any of you ended up connecting so far?  Would love to join in.  Feel free to message me :)

Looking towards the future ... is anyone planning to use / looking at day cares?  A couple of my friends were scaring me about wait lists so we just looked at a couple today.  There are a lot of local ones!

I am due in November. We registered for daycare when I was 6 weeks pregnant, because we heard horror stories about wait lists in NYC. However, we found that most of the day cares around here have about an 8 month wait list with some of them like river school being a little longer. We got on the list at the growing tree II.
  • I Live in NB bout 10mins away from JC, a JC native. 

OMG the day care thing is scaring me. I wasn't planning on putting him in daycare since MIL said she would watch him, but then lhis month she told me she wouldn't. Freakin oUT!. (due in november) =(

• Hi Ladies, 

I see more people are posting on this post.  I'm also a FTM living in DTJC and looking to connect with other people in the area.  Feel free to reach out here is my email.  Nohamourad411@gmail.com

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi All,

I live in Jersey city. I am pregnant right now and would like to connect with someone close by. My due date is in Sep 2014.

Please reply to this post or PM me.

Thank you in advance!
  • dnhdnh member
    Another Bayonne mama here. I have a 4yr old boy and 2yr old girl expecting baby 3 in November.
    NY transplant as well :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Hi. I am a resident of Jersey City (Hamilton Park) and I am expecting my first baby at the end of November. It's very exciting but also pretty scary. I'm looking for other mommies interested in sharing the journey and helping each other out.
  • I live near Hamilton Park, and am due mid-November. I'm looking for other soon-to-be mommies too!
  • That's great. Congrats. Is this your first?
  • It is our first! Super excited :)
  • I live in downtown JC and am due in early October. I would also love to connect with other expectant mothers in the area. PM me if you would like to connect!
  • Hello!
    I'm new to this board & excited to see other local Jersey City mom-to-be's!  I am due in early November and would like to connect, too! This is my first and would love to meet others going through this whole process. 

Get in touch!

• We just moved to JC and are trying to conceive. Does anyone have recommendations for daycare in the area? 
  • Hello!
    We are moving to downtown JC in exactly 10 days, and I'd love to connect with expecting moms in the area! I am 24 weeks pregnant, expecting our little one in the first week of November. This is our first, and I'd love to share stories and experiences.
    PM me if you'd like to connect! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"