Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Crib Height

I searched older posts and they all date back to over a year+ ago. I just received our crib and I was concerned about the overall height, I found where one site said 45.5" is a standard height and ours is 43" at the back (it does have 3 height settings for the matteress). I am on the short side also, should I take it back and look at other options? Put it together and see if I like the height? I am torn. Any advice?
D14 - Free For All
In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

Re: Crib Height

• Options
    I'm 5'4". My crib is 40" heigh on the sides and 35" from floor to teething rail. I absolutely love it. It's very comfortable when putting DS in at the lowest level if he's asleep. Is there anywhere you can see it setup on display?

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    amiefamief member
    I am pretty short (under 5 ft) and we just got a regular crib.  I am not at home to measure how high... but I'd guess it is around the 45 inches.  I was nervous about it, but it isn't a problem for me.  For the first quite a while you have it set on the higher settings so you don't have to reach that far.  DS is now on the lowest setting and I mostly don't have trouble.  If he's in the back corner and doesn't reach out to me it would be a challenge, but he never does that.  He is almost always sitting up or at least has his arms out.  If I put him in asleep it is a little tough, but I've been able to make it work and again, we don't put him in there already asleep very often. 

If you really like that crib you have I would think it would work.  If you have the option to see it set up somewhere like pp suggested I'd do that if you are worried.  Otherwise, I'd probably just set it up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"