Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro

Hello ladies, I am so sad to be introducing myself here but you all seem like such a loving and supportive group. My husband and I found out this past Monday that I was expecting. Blood work the following day confirmed it. Obviously I was very early; only 3 or 4 weeks along - so early that I hadn't even visited an ob-gyn yet, only my primary care doctor. Yet this morning I started bleeding and it all just went away. I'm not in any physical pain, only some very mild cramping, and my bleeding is comparable to a normal period for me. I'll be calling my doctor first thing Monday morning, but a nurse friend of mine has agreed (unofficially) what I already know in my heart, that my baby is gone. My H is wonderful, but since very few people knew of my short pregnancy, I feel so alone. I'm surprised by how devastated I am over the loss of something I only knew about for 5 days. Any words of encouragement or support would be so appreciated right now... (Stupid iPad won't let me do paragraphs, my apologies for the wall of text)

Re: Intro

• I'm so sorry for your loss.

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • *****siggy warning and living child mentioned*****

I'm so sorry for your loss. I too was just over a week of knowing about my pregnancy before losing it. We had already bought DD a big sis shirt to share the news with the grandmothers. So now I feel really dumb and alone in my grief. These ladies are wonderful in comfort! I hope you find the support here you need!

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• lcwedlcwed member
    I'm so sorry. A loss is a loss no matter how early. Grieve how ever you like. We are here for you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Ticker warning.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hi hon, I knew I was pregnant for a week in my second pregnancy when I miscarried again - it doesn't matter whether you knew for days or weeks or months. It's still awful. A mind can do a lot of dreaming and planning and loving in any length of time! Miscarriage is a loss of life. You're allowed to grieve however you need to for as long as you need to. Whether you let others know about what you're going through or not, you're still allowed to react the way you choose. 
    TTC since 8/13 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/14  MMC/D&C 3/6/14
    BFP #2 - 6/29/14 - on our first wedding anniversary! NMC 7/8/14
    BFP #3 - 2/11/15 - Also found out I have MTHFR deficiency - taking Foltx for more folic acid!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you all so, so much for your kind words and understanding. It truly means a lot to me.
  • I'm sorry for your loss (((hugs))). I experienced the same thing as you about a month ago so everything you're feeling is normal and the same thing I was feeling. I cried for days and would tear up anytime I saw a baby or a pregnant woman. The worst part was I felt so alone and didn't have anyone to talk to - This community has been great. I agree with all the previous posters that you should allow yourself time to grieve.
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I was only a couple weeks into my second pregnancy when my loss occurred... it doesn't take very long for a mother to love and bond with the life growing inside of her.  The doctor will likely term it a "chemical pregnancy," just to prepare you, but I never use that term to describe the baby I lost.  I was caught off-guard with that when I went in to see my OB when I started bleeding... your baby was no less precious, and your bond no less strong.  Please take care of yourself physically and emotionally during this difficult time and know that you have much support here.  ((HUGS))
  • ***ticker/siggy warning***

I am sorry for your loss. For both of my losses, I have only been pregnant less than a week, so I understand feeling such a loss even though the pregnancy was still new. My advice is just to take time to grieve- if you need to cry, cry...if you need to be angry, be angry...don't let anyone discount your grief or put a time limit on it. There will be good days and bad days, but over time the good ones will outweigh the bad ones- but for at least a little while there will still be triggers that can turn a good day bad, and that's ok too. Take care of yourself.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Nieko0423 said:
    *****siggy warning and living child mentioned***** I'm so sorry for your loss. I too was just over a week of knowing about my pregnancy before losing it. We had already bought DD a big sis shirt to share the news with the grandmothers. So now I feel really dumb and alone in my grief. These ladies are wonderful in comfort! I hope you find the support here you need!
    We did the exact same thing..the shirt arrived in the mail about 3 days after our loss...so don't feel alone

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"