December 2012 Moms

Toddler Recommendations

Looking for some advice on 2 topics:

Anyone transition their LO to a toddler bed or still in a crib? My DD has begun to climb out of her crib and I would rather have her climb out of a bed then a crib, I'm worried about her falling over the edge and getting hurt. We are also doing some remodeling so I'm wondering if I should add "big girl room" to the list and get it all done at once. 

Also, any recommendations on books about raising toddlers? 

Thanks!

Re: Toddler Recommendations

• No advice on #1, LO is (thankfully) still in her crib.

As far as #2, in the midst of a near-breakdown over how hard this whole "parenting a toddler" thing is, I rented The Girlfriend's Guide to Toddlers from the library and liked it. I didn't read the whole thing, just the parts that were most troublesome to me (tantrums, picky eating), and where it didn't necessarily give real advice, it helped me see that everything I am going through is totally normal. I found it encouraging if not educational. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dd has been in a toddler bed for a few weeks now and the transition was completely fine. She decided to jump out if the crib and hurt herself so the next day we made the transition. I put her to bed the same way and she just lays there and goes to sleep, when she gets up in the am she usually stays in the bed til I come get her. She occasionally gets out grabs her stuffed animals then hops back in bed in the am. If she does get out there is nothing in her room that she can get into besides her shoes which isn't a big deal. It was definitely a smooth tra

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"