December 2012 Moms
Options

So what is your LO throwing tantrums about these days? (3rd or 4th edition...)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: So what is your LO throwing tantrums about these days? (3rd or 4th edition...)

• Options
    My DS has a hand-me-down book on monster trucks that's really more for the 5/6 year old crowd. When I got it, I thought he might like looking at the pictures. He LOOOOOVES this book and wants me to read it to him non-stop. I'll read it 1-2 times, and when I won't read it again, usually because I'm getting lunch ready or something, he melts down. 

Sometimes, he want to stand on the changing table which doesn't work well for diaper changes! When we don't let him, sometimes he has a tantrum. (Which makes the change go really smoothly :-/ )
  • Options
    jac409jac409 member
    When DD first gets up in the morning she wants to be held for quite awhile, or at least until after I get some food in her. But, I have to put her down at least for a minute so I can make breakfast, and she melts down completely when I do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Coming in from outside....omg, epic total meltdowns. Also if I take hazardous items away from her ie; the big stick she found in the yard.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Going out to the garage to get in the car and not being able to ride her bike instead, getting in the car seat in general, being told "no", being asked to take anything out of her mouth, and having her hair brushed

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    Let's see, 

1. If I try to feed her
    2. If I let her feed herself
    3. If she does't like the food she's getting
    4. If she wants to be held, I have to stand.  I can't sit or lie down and hold her, I have stand and hold her or she'll throw down.
    5. Getting her diaper changed STILL

• Options
    DD took a drawer out of her play kitchen and then shoved plates where the drawer should go. She then tried to put the drawer back in and started having a meltdown because it wouldn't go back in. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Lately, she wants to be picked up and held... while I'm standing up, walking around to what she wants, and getting her what she sees/wants. If any of those things don't happen, well...

Also, waiting for food to be cooked, getting into her car seat, etc.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    jsoubeljsoubel member
    edited July 2014
    jac409 said:
    When DD first gets up in the morning she wants to be held for quite awhile, or at least until after I get some food in her. But, I have to put her down at least for a minute so I can make breakfast, and she melts down completely when I do.
    This is my DD, too.  She's much better about it when it's just us and DD2.  When DH is around, forget it- total meltdown if her little piggies touch the ground in the morning. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1) Getting in the car seat more than 1x per day (i.e., when we have to run errands, ugh....)

2) Not getting to watch Mary Poppins every single time she picks it up (she grabs the DVD and walks around after me going "Poppins (sob sob sob)... Poppins (sob sob sob)."

3) When she gives the dog part of her meal and he eats it (i.e., she gives him a cheerio, he eats it, she immediately screams "mine!" and starts having a fit)

4) When she can't get the lego duplo or fisher price little people to snap into their appropriate cars
  • Options
    When she can't give the cats treats a million times a day, getting into the car seat, if we go outside without her for two seconds, going to bed, hair getting brushed, not being able to reach a stuffed animal after she threw it in the car, not being held when we are trying to do something ex: get dressed or when we are cooking, of course the only times she wants up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    LO throws tantrums over lots of terrible things. Such as: 

Not getting to play with mommy's phone.
    Not getting to play with the remote control.
    When she gets the remote control and accidentally turns off Daniel Tiger.
    When her foot is uncomfortable because she's trying to rip her sandal off, but she can only get the toe stap off, not the ankle strap. 
    When I try to strap her into the evil contraption that is the carseat. 
    Bedtime (still). 
    Not getting to put her pajama'd feet into the water when we are brushing our teeth.

I could go on, but this are just the most common ;)

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ha!  This makes me feel so much better, as these tantrums can be sooo annoying at times.  Guess we are all going through the same stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"