Success after IF
Options

Oral infant thrush looks AWFUL!!

So poor Jack has oral thrush, basically a yeast infection in his mouth - I'm sure he got it from the antibiotics I was taking last week for my infected boobs (the antibiotics would've passed to him in my pumped breastmilk.)  And we're treating my boobs for it too (and I think this might have been the problem in the first place .. so the antibiotics just made it worse ... urgh.  And now Jack has it - even though I don't even put him to breast!!)

It seriously looks like mashed potatoes all over his little tongue - it is AWFUL looking.  Supposedly it doesn't bother them (infants) but I'm not buying it - he's eating less and is fussy and has cried during feeds a few times.  There's no way having a friggin' yeast infection in your mouth can not be itchy or painful or something.  FFS.  Poor baby.  Ugh.  I have prescription anti-fungal drops for his mouth - and I'm using a prescription anti-fungal ointment on my nipples (and painting them with gentian violet - an old school cure - once a day.)  I hope his drops work soon - just looking at it inside his mouth is upsetting.  (If you're curious - google infant thrush - images.  His is not a terrible case - but he's got it pretty good.  The images are gross though - just warning you!) 

Ugh. 

Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

Re: Oral infant thrush looks AWFUL!!

• Options
    Awww poor little jack! I hope it clears up soon.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Poor Jack!  I hope he feels better soon -- that must be awful!
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor thing-- you and Jack have not had an easy road, have you? I hope it clears up soon so you can both enjoy the new  year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I feel so bad for the two of you.  You have had one tough start.  ((hugs)) here's to a very easy new year!

twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Options

Wow! You guys aren't catching much of a break nursing wise, are you?

I'm so sorry. I hope you both get over it soon!

• Options
    Ah yes, gentian violet -- I knew there was a biggie I was forgetting!  It sounds like you'll have it under control very soon.  Poor little guy -- hugs to both of you!!!
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options
    poor baby and mommy!  hope everything is all better soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jared had thrush as an infant and it was awful. Just awful. Nothing cleared it up for him, we used the nasty drops and nothing happened. In the end, my doctor had us use Monistat in his mouth after every feed... it cleared up in ONE day. Believe it or not, my doctor said he tried it in his own mouth before suggesting babies have it in theirs.... gross! Just an FYI in case the drops don't work.
  • Options

oh man! always something right? I thought that since BF is natural it would be easy.

WRONG! 

poor little guy. I hope you both feel better VERY soon!

:) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2 infertiles' journey to 2 pink lines (and a baby girl)
    "our IF story"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"