Baby Names

Twins: Kate and Cole/Charlie?

My husband and I are expecting boy/girl twins and are having a hard time coming up with a boy name that we both like. We are set on using Kate Marie as our girl name. Do you like Cole Thomas or Charlie Thomas better for a boy name?  Thanks!

Re: Twins: Kate and Cole/Charlie?

• I prefer Charlie, simply because Kate and Cole are so matchy-matchy.?
  • I like Charlie better, but only if his name will actually be Charles and Charlie is just a nickname.  If not, then my vote goes to Cole.
    Love.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like all three names, but Kate and Cole sound a little too matchy-matchy with the one syllable thing? Therefore, Charlie would be my pick, though I'd probably use the name "Charles" and Charlie as a nickname; more professional as an adult than "Charlie."
  • Thomas Cole is a famous American Artist.  Just something to think about.
  • I like Kate and Charles but just don't call him Chuck.

• Kate and Cole are very cute together and I dont think there too matchy
    VOTE on my Name List Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kate and Cole sound like they belong together. Kate and Charlie don't. And I'm just not a fan of Charlie in general. Sounds like an old man.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • I prefer Charlie, because Kate and Cole are too similar sounding.
  • Charlie because I hate Cole. Kate and Charlie are cute, but are you using Charles? I wouldn't just name him Charlie.
  • I like Charlie better than Cole...

I think it matches the "Kate" era better...

Also Kate & Cole are a little too similar with the "K" sound where as the "Ch" sound varies it a little bit.

• i like the name Cole better, but i think it's too matchy so i vote Charlie
  • I love Kate and Cole
  • My girls both have two syllable nicknames ending in -y.  Somehow I didn't think about it much when I was preggo, but it's a little eh that they are so similar.  I'd go for Charlie I think.
    Mom to Abigail & Liliana -- Identical Twin Girls -- April 2008
    Baby #3 due September 12, 2014!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would choose Cole. It's a very cute name! And I don't think Kate and Cole are too matchy matchy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejs527:
    I like Charlie better, but only if his name will actually be Charles and Charlie is just a nickname.  If not, then my vote goes to Cole.

DItto.  And ditto on the Kate and Cole being too rhyme-y.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • I don't think Kate and Cole are matchy matchy at all!

Then again, all the twins I grew up with had rhyming names- Misti and Kristi, Brandy and Randy, Jeff and Steph, Sara and Tara.

• i like Kate and Cole better.  or Kate and Conner.  or Kate and Cory.
  • I think Kate and Cole are cute. I didn't go for Charlie just bc I don't like the name. I am a fan of classic names, but for some reason Charles/Charlie hasn't won me over. It reminds me too much of an old man.
  • I'd love Charles Thomas with the nn Charlie. I think using Charlie as his given name is too limiting; he may prefer having the alternative of Charles for formal/professional settings when he's older.

I also LOVE Kate Marie. :) Great choices!

(And I do agree that Kate and Cole is a bit too matchy.)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Great names!  We're using Kate as well.  I think either are fine, but Kate and Cole are a bit "matchy."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Cole I knew a couple of charlies and they were always teased
  • Cole
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a "long/formal name enthusiast" so I would name them Kathryn (or some other name that has Kate as a nickname) Marie and Charles Thomas.

If you're thinking Charlie Thomas as the full name, then my vote would go to Cole Thomas.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I say Kate and Cole and I don't think they're matchy-matchy at all. I think they sound good together, like they belong, but not cutesy/bad matchy by any means.

• I like Charlie Thomas because that's our boy name!
  • imageepona3:

I am a "long/formal name enthusiast" so I would name them Kathryn (or some other name that has Kate as a nickname) Marie and Charles Thomas.

If you're thinking Charlie Thomas as the full name, then my vote would go to Cole Thomas.

agree 100%

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"