Health & Exercise

prescription prenatals?

Im new here...should i ask my dr. for a prescription for better prenatals or just keep taking one a day prenatals with DHA supp?

Re: prescription prenatals?

• I used prescription prenatals but OTC ones are fine too, my prescription ones were cheaper than OTC ones so I went with those.

Kerri

• I was taking one a day prenatals with DHA suppliments and also 3 benefiber with folic acid and b vitamins so I asked the dr if that was alright and she said it was fine.  They did give me some samples of prescription prenatals so I am taking them (they gave me enough for a month) to see if I notice any difference with expecta (DHA Suppliment) but if not, I will probably just go back to the one a day prenatals.
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB requested that I take the Rx ones, but she gave them to me for free so I didn't care.  The pharmacist said the only real difference was the amount of Folic Acid (1.0 in Rx vs .8 in OTC).  But, if you're taking another Folic Acid supp that would cover that.  My Rx ones did have extra B vitamins for the 1st tri to aid w/ nausea and something (not sure what) in the ones for 2nd and 3rd tri for constipation...
  • I just got my prescription ones today. Mine were free generic ones from Meijer, but they didn't have Expecta. Anybody know where I can find it?
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • I don't know about Expecta. I've been taking prescription Vinate AZ since three months before BFP. My doctor recommended them over OTCs,  But I also didn't eat much meat before PG and have a tendency to be anemic, so maybe that's why?
    Baby E: July 3, 2009 Baby M: February 22, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"