Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Pesky little cyst

During my pregnancy, doc discovered an ovarian cyst.  Post m/c, doc wanted to check the progress of the cyst to see if it was still there or if it has dissolved after the m/c.  Went back 4 weeks post m/c and he said the cyst looked a little flattened out, but still the same size (6 cm.)  Going back this Wednesday for another checkup to see if its still there.  

*Note: I never had any symptoms of this cyst before it was discovered and still don't.  The only way we knew about it was b/c of our 8 wk. u/s. 

If it still shows no signs of shrinking, Doc wants to talk surgery.  I'm uneasy about this because I don't want to have surgery.  I had my first AF post m/c and it was pretty normal (a little heavier than usual, but not by much.)  

I don't know much about cysts since this is my first one, but my thought is if it's not harming anything, then let it be.  Anyone else have experience or advice to offer??

DH and I want to start trying again soon and doc told us not to until we get this cyst thing settled.  I feel like this stupid cyst is preventing us from moving forward.  Like I can't put my m/c behind me because I'm still having to go to this doc for checkups. (btw I plan to switch drs. for my next pregnancy b/c I was not pleased at all with this one.  The only reason I'm still going to him is because he has my chart and he knows what is going on with me now).  Going back to the same office that I went to after I lost my precious baby puts another knife in my chest each time I go.  

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
Married 8-10-13
TTC since February 2014
BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
6-6-14 natural m/c completed
10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pesky little cyst

• Options
    Get it taken care of. No one wants to go in for surgery, but if it ruptures there's always the chance that it causes bleeding and will require surgery anyways. Would you rather have that surgery before you get pregnant again or potentially while you're pregnant? Just because it seems harmless right now doesn't mean that it actually is or always will be.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"