August 2013 Moms
Options

Naps

I'm sorry if this has been discussed recently but I tried searching and couldn't find it if so.

Is anyone's LO down to one nap a day? If so, around what time is it and how long usually? I'm just curious because it seems we might be getting to that point. We are still at 2 now but sometimes it seems like he doesn't need the afternoon one, I don't know. Anyway, just curious about typical naps I guess! :)

Re: Naps

• Options
    Sometimes she only takes one a day. Usually she goes down between 11-12. Sometimes it's only for a half hour, sometimes it's two hours. If she does take a second nap it's usually around 5 and for about a half hour or so.

• Options
    We're usually down to one nap as well. Same as @MissyCee, around 11-12 or so and it's usually about two hours. If it's shorter, he'll take a second nap around 4-5 for about a half an hour or so.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ludaliludali member
    Nah, DD still needs 2 naps...but she's in daycare 3 days a week and sometimes those are only 1 nap days - resulting in her snoozing on the way home.  The other days, she's generally down by 9/9:30 for about 1.5 hours, and then again around 1:30/2:00 for another 1.5 hours.  Bedtime is always 7/7:15.
  • Options
    Same here here first nap is around 11-12 and it's usually 2 hours although sometimes it is shorter. . Her second nap is around 4-5 and she will also sleep another 2 hours....
    But not everyday she takes 2 naps..
    There's times when she won't take a nap till around 1 when we're out and about, that nap usually last 3 hours. After she won't nap anymore.
  • Options
    We are down to one nap. It's an am nap and it usually lasts about two hours. Of course, there are days when his am nap is about an hour and no on nap. Oh, and if we have a day with multiple car trips, like visiting friends or family on the weekend, there may be many cat naps.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD2's usually a one a day napper, but she's never been much of a napper. She naps briefly in the morning it makes for a long afternoon. 

DD1 was much older before dropping to one nap.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LO is usually a 2 nap girl, but sometimes she skips it. We don't really have a schedule, we just watch for her sleepy cues, and initiate nap time when we see them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    At daycare (Monday-Friday), LO generally only takes one nap (usually around 12 or 1 and lasting 1-2 hours).  On the weekends, she usually takes 2 naps (1-2 hours each, sometimes a little longer) around 9:30 am and 2:30 pm.  Until a few weeks ago, she was taking a third, shorter nap around 5 pm.  Bedtime is 7-7:30 pm.  I get her up at 6:30 am during the week and 7-7:30 am on weekends.

• Options
    ludaliludali member
    Caz1221 said:
    At daycare (Monday-Friday), LO generally only takes one nap (usually around 12 or 1 and lasting 1-2 hours).  On the weekends, she usually takes 2 naps (1-2 hours each, sometimes a little longer) around 9:30 am and 2:30 pm.  Until a few weeks ago, she was taking a third, shorter nap around 5 pm.  Bedtime is 7-7:30 pm.  I get her up at 6:30 am during the week and 7-7:30 am on weekends.
    Very similar schedule here!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info! That's about what our guy is on. Usually naps around 10 and then again around 3 or 4. Each usually about an hour but could be up to two. I went from working full-time to part time just last month and his naps at daycare aren't as good and usually will only do one. I just don't want him to be a complete bear in the evenings if he doesn't get that nap but we'll see how things go!
  • Options
    DD is working on getting down to one nap. When she does one, it's usually around 12:30 or 1:00 and can last anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. If she does two, she goes down around 11:00 AM and again between 3 and 4 pm.

• Options

We are on the cusp. His morning nap is happening later and lasting longer, which means a 2nd nap would screw up bedtime. Today and yesterday we reduced to just the 1 nap on a trial.

Yup. His morning nap is getting later and later and he is able to stay up longer before bed, so I assume we will be rid of the second nap soon. He goes to daycare in September, and they prefer that he would take only one nap.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, just one nap. DS usually goes down around 11 and sleeps 2 - 3 hours. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"