July 2014 Moms

**UPDATE** Hospitalized for Roids - C-Section Scheduled!

allieoopsctallieoopsct member
edited July 2014 in July 2014 Moms
I shared in another thread that like many of you I was struggling with hemorrhoids throughout my pregnancy. All of a sudden on Thursday they took a turn for the worst, completely prolapsed & swollen. Called my OB's nurseline & they said there's not much I can do besides home treatment, especially since I'm so close to my due date. Later I had a very constipated BM & All that evening I was in tears from the non-stop pain & swelling. Just sitting on the toilet makes me scream & of course no matter how I lay down, my butt cheeks further compress the swelling. Called my OB's office again on Friday & got an appointment - once they saw how large & severe the problem was (he said they have their own zip code), they sent me straight to L&D since there were no beds in GI. After hours of waiting in the triage room (with no pain medication) & promises that they could drain them today, the GI doc finally arrived & determined there may be some thrombosis but it is mostly severe swelling so the procedure to remove them is very complicated & he'd prefer not to operate if possible. So now I'm on Day 2 in the hospital of trying to "wait it out" - but at least they're giving me meds to help manage the pain & allow me to get some sleep. I'm not so sure about this GI doc's plan but my OBs have been amazing & are exploring every option in terms of relieving my pain & making sure baby can be delivered safely. Such a miserable situation but LO is doing great still so that's what matters most to me. Hopefully there'll be some good news in store soon for me/us.

Anniversary

Re: **UPDATE** Hospitalized for Roids - C-Section Scheduled!

• OMG that sounds so terrible! I'm so sorry you are dealing with this! I'm glad you are getting some relief and T's and P's everything continues to be good for LO and that this situation can be fixed asap!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Holy cow that sounds bad. I hope you get some relief soon.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Omg - i. Cannot even imagine. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope they are able to get you some relief soon :( happy to hear LO is doing well though.

• Oh my that sounds awful! Glad your pain is under control now. Feel better soon!
  • I am so sorry you are dealing with those.  Glad to hear you're getting treated.
  • MonicalynnsdMonicalynnsd member
    edited July 2014
    Wow, sounds aweful! I'm sorry you're dealing with such a bad case of these! I've had them pretty bad in the past and the one thing that helps is hot water, like getting into a very hot bath or letting the shower hit them as hot as you can take it, or if you're stuck in bed you can try a very hot washcloth. Sounds like yours are beyond this treatment though :-( I hope you find some relief ASAP!
  • Oh my gosh, I'm SO sorry you are dealing with this!  I hope they can figure out what to do for you soon!!  Glad LO is doing good. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Omg- I am so sorry. I hope they keep getting better and better!
    hi

• Oh man that sounds so awful! I'm so sorry you're going through this but hopefully the doctors will figure out the best plan and give you some relief soon!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Omg that sounds horrific!! I'm so sorry you're going through this, girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• So sorry you are going through this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • Omg! I'm so sorry you're dealing with them! I couldn't imagine how painful and uncomfortable they are. But it's good to hear LO is doing well! Hopefully they can treat them soon.
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh. It sounds beyond awful. Happy to hear they are trying to get you some relief and that LO is ok. Prayers for you both!
  • edited July 2014

I have a history (since 2003) of
    roids with thrombosis (lucky me). I too went to the ER after my first case of them, and was then referred to a vascular surgeon.  It's exactly why I begged for a c-section with my first (although they didn't occur again until after my c-section). My doctor ended up offering the c-section for another medical reason. 

Anyways, this pregnancy, my good ole Sweet Pea reared her ugly head again, and landed me in an emergency appointment as well. Same scenario as you, only partially thrombosis, so nothing they could do except numbing cream. Took 8 days to shrink. HORRIBLE. Doctor and midwife both agreed that they wouldn't go through vaginal delivery if they had such a severe case. 

((((hugs)))) it's the most excruciating thing I've ever been through, and I don't wish it on anything. I've begged my vascular surgeon for surgery, but because it's only ever partially thrombosed, they wont' do it. I'm praying it doesn't come back again for a few years (it's been 3 years since my last flare up). But because the leftover sack has never been removed, it always comes back sooner or later. 

Good luck tomorrow!

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • @mlacroix7‌ Hope you get some relief and hopefully after baby is here maybe you won't need the extra surgery. Exciting that you get to meet LO so soon!

@ghostof5letters‌ I was just searching old threads last week and saw your thrombosed hemorrhoids comments. I had one start about 2 weeks ago. Didn't know at the time it was thrombosed until part of it burst open and the clot came out at home. (TMI...sorry) OB looked at it last week and said it looked okay for now but looked like the clot was forming again. Said if it was bothering me she could lance and remove clot at appointment on Tuesday. Did you ever have this done? It doesn't really hurt right now, just annoying, so I'm not sure if I shod just wait it out. She said they likely wouldn't do much until after baby arrives, as labor will likely make it reoccur or get worse before it gets better.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited July 2014
    @mlacroix7‌ Hope you get some relief and hopefully after baby is here maybe you won't need the extra surgery. Exciting that you get to meet LO so soon! @ghostof5letters‌ I was just searching old threads last week and saw your thrombosed hemorrhoids comments. I had one start about 2 weeks ago. Didn't know at the time it was thrombosed until part of it burst open and the clot came out at home. (TMI...sorry) OB looked at it last week and said it looked okay for now but looked like the clot was forming again. Said if it was bothering me she could lance and remove clot at appointment on Tuesday. Did you ever have this done? It doesn't really hurt right now, just annoying, so I'm not sure if I shod just wait it out. She said they likely wouldn't do much until after baby arrives, as labor will likely make it reoccur or get worse before it gets better.
    Nope, no one has done anything because the clots have always passed on their own. I can't believe yours burst, ugh.... I can't imagine. I would have peed my pants in terror. 

Once my deflates, I'm left with a small empty sack (sorta like a skin tag) which for whatever reason, no one will remove for me. 

X(

With the sack remaining, they end up re-inflating or whatever, once every year or two. It's like a horrible nightmare that really wont' go away. I spend a couple nights sleeping in the bathtub and crying. I hate it. 

Sorry I can't provide a better scenario for reference. 

My original bought was caused by food poisoning that left me in the bathroom for 20 hours straight...on spring break in college. I haven't been comfortable wearing thong underwear since. 

Happy happy joy joy.  Life is cruel. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • @ghostof5letters‌ I basically did freak out. We were in the middle of getting out girls ready for bed when I went to the bathroom and saw the blood. Once I realized what it was from in put on a pad and finished bedtime before I very embarrassingly asked DH to come look at the clot, which I had left on a piece of TP. Whole new level of our relationship, even after 14 years! Haha! Luckily, it seemed to heal okay and has continued to shrink since my OB saw it last week. Hoping it won't get bad again during labor.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck with the c-section!  Hope everything goes well and you're able to hold your little sweetie soon--and that you'll have some much-needed relief.  What you've endured sounds terrible, and you definitely deserve some comfort.

• @ghostof5letters‌ So sorry to hear you've experienced this as well. It is definitely the most painful experience I've had in my life. In the past few days I've had to master the art of urinating into the toilet standing up so I'll be a pro at peeing in the woods the next time DH takes me camping. The GI doctors here really don't want to take any surgical measures either but I'm still trying to figure out how long I'll be bedridden recovering from this monster after the Caesarean (either here or at home). Not sure how I can adjust to being a new mom when I'm in this much pain. I know the nurses will help us, as well as family & friends. I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to nurse baby in the recovery room when I can't sit up. I really hope the long-term effects are minimal - I can't believe they won't remove your "skin tags." I thought some Bumpies in the other discussion mentioned doctors not doing so unless the woman was done having babies - is that part of their reasoning?

Anniversary
  • mlacroix7 said:
    @ghostof5letters‌ So sorry to hear you've experienced this as well. It is definitely the most painful experience I've had in my life. In the past few days I've had to master the art of urinating into the toilet standing up so I'll be a pro at peeing in the woods the next time DH takes me camping. The GI doctors here really don't want to take any surgical measures either but I'm still trying to figure out how long I'll be bedridden recovering from this monster after the Caesarean (either here or at home). Not sure how I can adjust to being a new mom when I'm in this much pain. I know the nurses will help us, as well as family & friends. I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to nurse baby in the recovery room when I can't sit up. I really hope the long-term effects are minimal - I can't believe they won't remove your "skin tags." I thought some Bumpies in the other discussion mentioned doctors not doing so unless the woman was done having babies - is that part of their reasoning?
    They've never mentioned babies, but I haven't been back to the vascular surgeon in a couple years. I'm going to make an appointment for the fall and discuss my options again. Dealing with this for 11 years is ridiculous. 

• You should have a baby now (depending on your time zone)! Hope you are getting some relief!
  • Samantha Hope was born Monday, July 21 at 12:25pm via C-section. Getting the spinal was the scariest part of the whole experience but my anesthesiologist was amazing & was able to do it with me lying on my side (though it was definitely painful for me to be curled up enough). I am feeling much sooo much better. I can even sit on the toilet & up in my bed for a while with the waffle pad (the new donut) - until my uterine incision starts to throb that is. During my postpartum stay, the plan is for me to lie down with my head down & feet/butt up as much as possible to aid with drainage. The surgeon still wants to avoid surgery if possible but I may need a procedure later on. So happy to have our squishy girl & finally some relief!

Anniversary
  • So glad that you are feeling better and everything went well with your c-section!  Hope things continue to improve!  Congratulations!  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"