Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How much pain is too much? *ticker warning*

**Ticker warning**

So I had my d&e on Tuesday and felt ok that day and yesterday. Today I've started having bleeding and have been in a lot of pain- like not getting relief from OTC meds and doubling over in pain at times. I wanted to give it a day but honestly I still am suffering quite a bit. Is this normal/ok? I feel like I have a decent pain tolerance (they told me during the actual procedure that they couldn't believe how tough I was) so I just was not expecting this. I did read about day 3 being bad for some ladies, though. I may just call the doc tomorrow but wants to get your opinions. Thanks.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much pain is too much? *ticker warning*

• Unfortunately, this is not abnormal (per my doctor after I called about the exact same thing after my d&c)  :(  It took 3 days before the terrible pain started for me (followed by passing large clots).  Did you get any type of pain medication from your doctor?  I had to take both Ibuprofen 600 and Tylenol with codeine together for several days to be able to tolerate the pain.  I would call your physician ASAP tomorrow and get some- my pain lasted for about 5 or 6 days off/on.  So sorry you're going through this :( 
  • so sorry to hear that you're still having so much pain :( I would definitely call the doc if the pain is excessive.

I had a D&C back in february and i remember being in quite alot of pain for about a week afterwards, it felt like a burning and swelling pressure downstairs and i was still having cramps and clotting off and on. things that help - motrin/ibuprofen at prescription doses (one or two more pills then regular dose) ice packs and cold cloths, hot water bottles for the tummy 

i hope the pain goes away soon :( 
  • Loading the player...
  • ** siggy warning**

I just had my d&c yesterday. According to my recovery papers if I continue to have heavy bright red bleeding or pain that my pain meds don't relieve I am to call my doctor or go to the ER.

Hope you are feeling better today.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"