Parenting

The man bought 2 cheap crockpots

a little backstory...I'm having 25 people over for homemade spaghetti & meatballs.  Normally when I make this much I borrow 2 big crockpots from the firehouse that dh & I belong to.

DH went shopping after work and he brings home 2 cheap crockpots that are kinda on the small side.  I totally lost it.

First of all who own 2 crockpots???????????  And call me a crockpot snob but why would you buy 2 cheap crockpots?  Keep one just in case the other craps out because its so cheap?

The reason why he bought them??????? he didnt want to make a trip to the firehouse and these were on sale for $10 each and they look exactly like the ones from the firehouse!   UUUUMMMM hell no dear those are made by westbend ( i think thats the brand ) and are 8qts....the ones you bought was durabrand and only 5qts.

Still shaking my head over his stupidity and yes I'm still a little peeved....but the man redeemed himself by going back out in the frigid weather to get the crockpots I wanted and needed.

So was I being bitchy?  I think not!

Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!

Re: The man bought 2 cheap crockpots

• I live in the city where the "good" crock pots are made :-)
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • #6#6 member

Yup, sounds exactly like a fight dh and I would have.  Dh would have done the same thing.  He is an impulse shopper just like his mom.  As long as it was on sale (doesnt matter if its only a sale of .01 its still a sale to them) 

At least he went back out.  My dh gets very stubborn when proven wrong and will not addmit it.  I would have been the one going out to get the ones needed.  DH would have told me to just make do with the ones I had.  :P 

• Loading the player...
  • I own too many crockpots! I think I have 4 that are all different sizes. I use my biggest one (8 qt maybe?) and my smaller one (from dips) the most.

I'm glad he redeemed himself by getting the ones you wanted!

• Actually I own (as of Christmas) 5 crock pots!  I have 2 that are about 4 qt (one is really old...liner doesn't even come out).  I also have a small 2 qt one.  For Christmas I got a big 6 qt. that came with a little dipper one.  I use them when I entertain.  Before I got the new ones for Christmas I used to have to borrow one or two.  Oh ya...i forgot...I have a 6th one.  It is more of a warmer since it is teflon (or whatever) inside and isn't exactly a "crock" pot.  If you entertain a lot you NEED that many!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"