February 2015 Moms

Anyone w/FB NOT announcing?

2»

Re: Anyone w/FB NOT announcing?

• lailoulailou member
    I wouldn't announce on Facebook, I wouldn't post baby pics either. I think only an announcement like this should only be done tailored to the special people in your life.
  • I don't have very many people in my life that I trust. To this day only immediate family knows about my son and he's 10 months old. There is a "secret" Facebook group for immediate family because some live cross country and the closest are 100 miles away. I still won't post anything on there till 20+ weeks with this lo. Whenever it feels right. I haven't told family who we see yet. My dad figured it out and I think mom did too. But as far as social media my children stay off it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan to personally tell family and friends that I wouldn't want to find out on FB... I do want to make an "official" social media announcement, but not until I'm further along (6-7 months?) and can't disguise it any longer, lol. For those I've told already, I've asked that nothing is posted as we want to control the social media aspect of it... I don't think there is a right/wrong way to go about it. It really depends on personal preference and what makes each of us happy :)
  • We've told family and close friends that we see frequently and news has spread a little already (I don't really mind, we are so close to sharing openly now that we didn't bother telling people it was a secret). We are planning to announce on Facebook this week when I hit 12 weeks. My husband is military and we have friends in other states that we keep up with through Facebook. Also I frequently soft through my friends list and eliminate anyone that isn't actually a friend or family. We had a friend post some cute photos and are excited to announce and be able to share our news. I miscarried a few months back and had several friends post announcements that same weekend so I know it can be painful. I still wanted to hear their exciting news and am glad they posted though so I hope if anyone else is going through the same thing they will feel the same way.
  • I don't have very many people in my life that I trust. To this day only immediate family knows about my son and he's 10 months old. There is a "secret" Facebook group for immediate family because some live cross country and the closest are 100 miles away. I still won't post anything on there till 20+ weeks with this lo. Whenever it feels right. I haven't told family who we see yet. My dad figured it out and I think mom did too. But as far as social media my children stay off it.
    @mamaof202102015 - your extended family and friends don't know you have a child?  I can't even imagine how you would pull that off, unless you don't see them ever?  No judging, just very curious.
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have already shared with close family and friends. My DH has extended family far from us that are online on FB so we went ahead and made a FB announcement so everyone was equal. My profile is always set to limited views anyways and I don't have a boss right now so no reason to keep it hidden anymore. If the worst should happen in this last month of the first trimester at least we will have tons of support.
    Married the love of my life October 13th, 2012!
    BFP June 12th, 2014 (very faint), BFP June 13th, 2014 obviously positive

Our First Baby!
    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Team Green!
  • We told our family & friends in person or via phone. I will probably make a more official announcement on FB after our NTS scan on 7/30. Since I'm having twins & we take a lot of pictures, I can't imagine hiding it for very long!
  • We've told immediate family. We'll probably tell extended family towards the end of August (I'm telling work folks mid-August, when I'm 16 weeks... because that's when we have our next staff meeting). 

We'll eventually share with Facebook, probably an u/s pic. We have family and friends around the state and country. But I'd like to wait until we know the gender, if I can :) Definitely not doing weekly bump or u/s pics. We're not big posters as-is anyway.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1: 8/2012; EDD 5/4/2013; MC 10/2012 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 4/2013; EDD 1/4/2014; MC 5/2013 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #3: 7/2013; EDD 4/4/2014; MC 8/2013 @ 5 weeks
    BFP #4: 12/1/2013; EDD 8/13/2014; D&E 1/17/2014 @ 10 weeks
    BFP #5: 5/27/2014; EDD 2/3/2015
    8/7/2014 It's a boy!
  • I usually find Facebook announcements and ultrasound pics awkward. I think we won't keep it a secret on Facebook once we're telling people, but no formal announcement or pregnancy specific pics.
  • I'm not necessarly keeping it a secret but no ultrasounds or anything of that sort I like to keep those kinda thing my special little secrets that only me and a few can see. Ill just post pics of my baby or something when its born Im not a big fan of social media.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"