Babies: 0 - 3 Months

could you leave your LO this early?

Sorry, I posted about this earlier and the few responses I got have made me second guess this plan.  I was going to plan a weekend in nyc, about an hour from home, for DHs bday and leave DS w/ my Mom and stepdad.  He'll be just over 3 months.  Am I crazy or strange to think I can do this?  Would you be able to?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: could you leave your LO this early?

• You'll probably be gone one night, right? ?I could definitely do that at 3 months, esp. being so close and leaving your baby with your mom. ?I probably wouldn't do 2 nights, but that's just me.
  • The only way I would leave DD overnight is if it were my mom taking care of her. There's just something about moms. I know she would take super good care of her so I wouldn't think twice about it.

• Loading the player...
  • I think the only problem would be whether or not you would be able to have a good time or if you would feel too guilty about leaving him to enjoy yourself.  I think it's important for you and your hubs to have time together as a couple.  It's not like the baby will remember that you left him for a weekend, and I have a feeling your mom is capable of caring for a child.  Besided, if you're only an hour away you can go to him if he needs you.

Have fun and go for it if you want!

• I could, but then again, DD has spent almost every other weekend at my parents' house for the past 5.5 months (starting at 3 weeks), so I'm kind of used to it.
  • My dh and I are planning on going away overnight around the time ds is 3 months old.  I am leaving him with my mom too.  I think it's fine.
  • we left DJ for 1 night when he was 2 months old - to celebrate our anniv.  it was hard but also great!  i knew he was in good hands...  you can totally do it!

we went away for 2 nights when he was 5 months old and it was easier. 

you can do it and you can actually enjoy yourself!

• I left DD at this age for 3 nights to go 3+ hours away for a friends wedding weekend. It was a blast. It was so nice to get a break. My mom watched her and kept us updated with picture and video messages.

You can definitely do this and you'll find yourself refreshed when you get back!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers DX-unexplained infertility January 2010 IUI #1-BFN February 2010 IUI #2-BFP! (Cycle 21) *Beta #1 2/23 126 (14DPIUI)*Beta #2 2/25 311 (16DPIUI)* *Beta #3 3/4 6,313 (23DPIUI)* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we left him to go to Chicago (3 hrs. away) for one night at 3mo and it was a long 24 hours just thinking about him, but a good time.  I could have done 2 nights, but was glad at the time that I didn't.  The one thing I would say is actually sleep - you will so regret coming home hung over or more exhausted from not taking advantage of your change at full night's rest.
  • I agree with PP about the sleeping thing...I spend one whole day in our hotel room just vegging in bed and watching tv and sleeping...DH asked what was wrong and I informed him I was hungover and hadn't had a day to myself without a baby in 3+ months. He backed off, ordered room service and it was WONDERFUL.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers DX-unexplained infertility January 2010 IUI #1-BFN February 2010 IUI #2-BFP! (Cycle 21) *Beta #1 2/23 126 (14DPIUI)*Beta #2 2/25 311 (16DPIUI)* *Beta #3 3/4 6,313 (23DPIUI)* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS just this week went stayed overnight at his grandmother's house. He's been there for a couple days it was hard the first night. I miss him and can't wait to go pick him up!

I said all that to say that yes it can be done but everyone is different. Good Luck with your decision!

• Sure, it is your Mom.  You know she raised at least one person pretty well ;).  Besides, I think sometimes it is good to get away for a night or two.  It is important for you guys to have time to do married people things and keep that bond strong.  It will be fine :)
  • Mine is not 3 months yet, but if he was and I felt comfortable with it, then I would. I think you need to trust your instincts on this. You'll get a thousand different opinions but if you're okay with it, you should definitely do it.

And no, I don't think 3 months is too early to leave him overnight with you mom.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Absolutely, if I knew I could get home rather quickly if something happened and DS was with someone I trusted. 
  • Yes I could, but only with my parents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"