Multiples

We're home from the hospital!

Man, that sucked. It would've been fine with one, but it took foreverrrrrr. They gave Linus the "happy juice" (a sedative) first, then took him to surgery, then gave Oliver his sedative, then Linus came out of surgery, then they brought Oliver in, then they gave Miles his sedative, then Linus went back to their room, then Oliver went to recovery, then Miles went in, then Oliver went up to the room, and then Miles came out of surgery, recovered, and went back to the room.

Seven hours total, which I guess isn't so bad, but man...it's been a long day already. But I'm hopeful that it'll keep them from getting sick so much and help their hearing. (Their was v thick fluid behind their eardrums.)

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
My blog * We made the national news!

Re: We're home from the hospital!

• Aren't you glad that's done?!

So this is supposed to help the ear infections? When did they start getting them??

• Glad you're back. Sounds like a draining day. Hopes the boys recover well and quickly!
  • Loading the player...
  • My head was spinning just reading about the 7 hours at the hospital!  Geez, you must be exhausted!  Best of luck with their recovery!
  • I missed the post where you said what they were getting surgery for - did they get tubes?  My first DS had tubes at 17 months and although it sucked, it was the BEST thing.  He's been ear infection free since.  My pedi said if the boys get one more ear infection, she'll be sending us to the ENT, which likely means tubes as well.  Glad you're all home, now hopefully they won't get sick so much!
  • imagesweater:

Aren't you glad that's done?!

So this is supposed to help the ear infections? When did they start getting them? 

I am glad it's done, very glad! And yes, it should help with their EIs. They've basically had one (in one ear or both) since August or September. ugh!

They also got their adenoids removed. Supposed to also help keep away sickies. 

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • imagepea-kay:
    imagesweater:

Aren't you glad that's done?!

So this is supposed to help the ear infections? When did they start getting them? 

I am glad it's done, very glad! And yes, it should help with their EIs. They've basically had one (in one ear or both) since August or September. ugh!

They also got their adenoids removed. Supposed to also help keep away sickies. 

I had this done when I was 5. I had my adenoids removed and the tubes put in. I haven't had an ear problem since and I'm 24 now. The tubes fell out on their own. It was the best thing in the world for me.

• glad it's done and they are all OK!  Now you need a drink :)
  • Sounds like a very long day, but I'm glad it went well.  I hope they recover quickly and have no more EI's!! 
  • Whew - what a day!  I think mommy deserves a drink!  Hopefully this does the trick and the boys stay healthy!  I hope they aren't too fussy tonight, too. 
  • imageGoldie_Locks_5:
    glad it's done and they are all OK!? Now you need a drink :)

?

I agree, you need a drink. I'm glad everything turned out Ok.?

• I'm glad you're all home now. Hope the boys are resting up ((hugs))
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Hope they are back to themselves soon.

Kerri

• glad everyone is doing well and you are home.
  • Oy.. merry new year hey?Glad it all went well!

Mine are all sick. Puking.. sniffing.. coughing.. you name it! Gotta love it!

• My nephew had ear tubes put in several months ago and hasn't had ONE ear infection since then.  Interestingly, he also sleeps much better and is talking more!  All impacts from fluid in the ears, we think.
    Mom to Abigail & Liliana -- Identical Twin Girls -- April 2008
    Baby #3 due September 12, 2014!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You are a superstar for surviving the day - good luck and happy new year!
  • Whew, what a day! Hope they recover quickly and this does put an end to their ear problems!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I'm sooooo glad it's all over and you're home. ?Glad it went well!
  • so glad all went well and that the boys are on their way to a 2009 filled with zero ear infections. ?6 ears, no infections....ahhhhhhhhh. ?hope you're doing well too. ?it had to be a very hard day.

-a?

• Glad to hear all went well.  Sounds stressful.  Poor little guys. 
  • wow, what a day...I'm sure you're glad it's over with and hopefully it will lead to a healthy 2009 for the boys!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"