Options

how old to dress self?

wondering how old your dc was when they could:

put on own jacket

put on own pants

put on socks?

Re: how old to dress self?

• Options

Colin can do the first 2, and we are working on socks. He has this ridiculous space between his big toe and the second toe like my dad, and it's like he's missing a toe...but anyways the sock always gets stuck there haha

Cameron could do it by his age though...so about 3

• Options
    DS1 is almost 3 and he can put on and take off his pants and jackets.  He can't quite get his socks yet. He's in the whole, "I try" stage.
    Momma to 2 sweet boys!

Lost 65 lbs. on WW 2009-2010
    May 7, 2011-First 5k run (a horrendous 13:30 pace, but I finished!)
    June 4, 2011-2nd 5k run with an 11:15 pace
    Haven't signed up for the next one yet!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks girls...i just had no idea what was age appropriate and figured i should learn this stuff!

my son can do his jacket and just put on own pants for the first time but we haven't seriously attempted socks yet.  it seems hard!

• Options
    lol sometimes it seems like DS's arms are too short. It's really funny to watch though.
  • Options
    DD could put her coat on by herself before she was two using the "coat flip" method.  She could put her own pants on around 2.5.  She's about 2 3/4 now and tries to get her socks on but is rarely successful.
  • Options
    DD can do the last two but we haven't attempted her coat yet. I've tried to show her the "coat flip" method but she isn't interested in the slightest. She just turned 2 in November.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Options
    DD was able to put her clothes on by herself for the most part around 2.5 or so. She still has some trouble not putting both legs in one pant opening sometimes. She gets in a hurry. She mastered undressing a long time ago though...quite the stripper. ;-)

• Options
    I think undressing about 12-18 mo.  Dressing 2.5-3.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"