February 2014 Moms
Options

Diaper fit question

versedversed member
edited July 2014 in February 2014 Moms
Background: We usually use cloth dipes during the day and sposies at night. However, the diaper stash we had for DS1 totally isn't fitting DS2 correctly. DS2 is a string bean, so the legs aren't getting tight enough for him.

Luckily, with some research and trial and error, we found a brand that is working well for his shape. While I'm trying to sell the first stash to buy a new stash, we're using sposies all day.

So, brand questions ...
* DS1 uses Huggies - they fit his chunky thighs and round tush perfectly. Plus, he has solid BMs, so everything is contained.

* DS2 uses Pampers. He's got string bean thighs and no bum, plus a slight sacral dimple, which makes his bum a little higher in the back. The Pampers are great for his thighs, however we're noticing he seems to have blowouts with most of his poops, especially when they happen while sitting. Is there a fix for this? Size up? We're already in 3s at 17+lbs (box says 16-28lbs). Is there a style that is tighter in the upper back to contain things? Should I just throw a diaper cover on him at all times? The pee containment has never been an issue for him.

Can't wait until I have the cloth diapers I need.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Diaper fit question

• Options
    I like target brand sposies. They fit in the legs the same as pampers, but seem to be closer to her back with a little elastic there. Huggies did not work for us.
    ^agree.  

I've had no problems with Target brand, I just slightly prefer Pampers.  Targets are my go to when they are out of LO's size in Pampers.  They do seem to have the same sized legs and higher/tighter back.  Sounds like they would be a fix for what you are describing.  

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Options
    I've found disposables don't hold in explosive poos as well because they don't use as strong elastic because it's meant for one use.  We use Huggies and Target diapers for overnights and CD during the day. But at least half of the time LO has pooped in the disposable it's leaked. Very frustrating since it never leaks from her cloth.

I found the diapers we used a lot with LO1 were stretched out in the thighs (like the elastic still had give but weren't as taut 'at rest' as brand new diapers) so that may be part of the fit problem with your old stash.  It may have been my "excuse" to buy more diapers lol.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use Target brand over night here and occasionally during the day (so far they've held our poop pretty good). Or Pamper cruisers, the swaddlers weren't cutting it now that she's in a 3. And I agree with @boogerbearoriginal‌ about the leg elastics. I replaced all my elastics in my BGs and they're like brand new.

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I use huggies but do put them on tight because the waist is more elastic and it stretches so it not too tight when she sits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"