Multiples
Options

When could you no longer travel?

I'm 11 weeks with di/di boys.

My husbands family wants to throw us a shower in October.   I will be 22-24 weeks depending on the weekend it falls.  It is 6 hours away by car.  Am I going to feel like a 6 hours car ride at that point in my pregnancy?  To be honest I don't even want the shower ( I am not close to his family) but I don't want to be rude or cause any issues. 

When were told to not travel or just didn't feel up to traveling? 

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: When could you no longer travel?

• Options
    I just went on a trip with a 3 hour flight and 5 hour drive in one day, and a 6.5 hour drive on another day, and two flights totalling 4.5 hours on another day, all within a week. I was on the cusp of 20 weeks. I would think a 6 hour drive in 2-4 weeks would be doable for me. Drink lots of water and take lots of breaks. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    saskysasky member
    I had a complication free pregnancy. I think it was around 32/34 weeks when my doc told me not to go more than 2 hours away to not be too far from the hospital. But she also said as long as I was near a bigger hospital I would be fine with going further.

I would have been fine with a 6 hour drive at that point, both physically and from my OBs perspective. Well, as fine as you can be with a 6 hour drive. That doesn't sound appealing pg or not!

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You may not necessarily "feel" like it, but it is doable if you are still doing well. I am 28w and am still traveling (drove to and from Memphis in one day - 12 hours in the car). It will all depend on how you are doing then. I really don't think you can 100% commit to anything (really, anything at all) until you know how your pregnancy will progress. If she still wants to plan it, just make she understands it isn't a guarantee that you can make it.

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

You may not necessarily "feel" like it, but it is doable if you are still doing well. I am 28w and am still traveling (drove to and from Memphis in one day - 12 hours in the car). It will all depend on how you are doing then. I really don't think you can 100% commit to anything (really, anything at all) until you know how your pregnancy will progress. If she still wants to plan it, just make she understands it isn't a guarantee that you can make it.

I agree completely. It's do-able if you want to, but also a valid excuse if you don't.

• Options
    I'm 28 weeks tomorrow with di/di. For fourth of July weekend (so 3 weeks ago?) we did a 6 hour car trip. Well.. I say "six hours" because that's how long it normally takes. But my doc said to stop every 90 minutes to walk around, and honestly I had to pee every hour.. so it ended up taking about 7 and a half hours. It was fine otherwise though. I haven't had any travel restrictions other than stopping and then once I get to my destination I'm supposed to sit- but I'm supposed to be sitting most of the day anyway!
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
  • Options
    Also wanted to add that 11 weeks might be too early to make a decision like this- you never know how your cervix is going to cooperate with the added pressure of two babies, or if you'll have other random complications that might come up. (hopefully none though!!!!!) I would say to pencil in a general time frame and make the final decision when you have a better idea of your limitations- like in September or early October. Shower invites are usually sent out three or so weeks beforehand right? So there's plenty of time to make this call.
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
  • Options
    I was told I couldn't fly after 26 weeks but could let my bladder dictate roadtrips. Just need to not be too far away from hospitals
  • Options
    I'm 26 weeks and planning on attending my friends wedding 5 hours away. I confirmed with my dr and he said everything looks good to make the trip.
  • Options
    I had my shower at 31 or 32 weeks 4 hours away.  With bathroom breaks and stops for stretching, it was much longer.  Also, it was very uncomfortable, but I could survive.  It was originally scheduled for 28 weeks, but had to reschedule.  Then I was put on bedrest right after and delivered at 34 + 1.
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"