Formula Feeding

How long is a made bottle good?

I think the recommendation is pto use within an hour or something, but can a made bottle be refrigerated and reheated? Formula is expensive and I hate to waste a full bottle if she only drinks an ounce.
Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: How long is a made bottle good?

• Once its heated, no it cannot be reheated. Once its drank from, it expires an hour from that.
  • If LO has not drank from it and it can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours. If she has drank from it you are suppose to throw it out after 1 hour. I have pushed the limit to about 90 minutes without any issues but bacteria and microbes can start to grow once their saliva has been introduced.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • How bad is this bacteria that grows after an hour? My LO is 11 months almost and us into everything. I am having trouble imagining a two hour old bottle is more 'dirty' than the dog kibble she just ate. (I don't let her eat dog food, but somehow she found a piece). If she was done drinking and I put it in the fridge afterwards?
  • edited June 2014
    Mrs. D S said:
    How bad is this bacteria that grows after an hour? My LO is 11 months almost and us into everything. I am having trouble imagining a two hour old bottle is more 'dirty' than the dog kibble she just ate. (I don't let her eat dog food, but somehow she found a piece). If she was done drinking and I put it in the fridge afterwards?

I did and my DD is fine and never had a tummy issue in her life... I agree with you. K used to lick the floor when she was crawling weird kid. There was no way stopping her. I just offered what was left over at the next feeding. Also, our nurses at the hospital said I could re-heat formula twice so I did and everything was fine.
  • Honestly? We will use up to four hours old out at room temp. No problems. I'm a nurse and I get why I shouldn't but I also think if we protect the gut from everything then they so t get a chance to build up their defense system.
  • Within an hour after making it up
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"